Today I chose not to have...

Options

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Beer. Went to my favorite pizza place that's 3 hours away but didn't think I'd have the calories for both the pizza and the beer, plus I thought I'd have to drive back home. Ended up having enough calories and didn't have to drive...
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi BJ,

I'm the same way. But I know that sometimes having something may set me off on a binge, or I may decide it isn't worth the calories. My thread is about not eating mindlessly, but choosing what I will have, which includes treats. I had some cracker jacks today. That was my choice. My choice was also not to have the donuts because I knew they wouldn't fill me up and I would have to sacrifice calories some other place in the day. That was the best choice for me.

I haven't always made the best choices, which is why I'm now trying to lose weight. I think that making better choices for myself, which includes some treats, deserves celebrating.
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips- my hubs made a huge delicious fresh steak 'taco' salad. I weighed out the homemade guacamole, steak, beans and piled on the veggies. Instead of reaching for the chips (we used to keep the bag near us and eat away), I opted for some steamed corn tortillas. I chose the healthier option and it was delicious.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Great choices, folks! Beachbriel, love that swap!
  • Kristine7813
    Options
    chocolate
  • haw160
    haw160 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    today I chose not to eat potato chips
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi BJ,

I'm the same way. But I know that sometimes having something may set me off on a binge, or I may decide it isn't worth the calories. My thread is about not eating mindlessly, but choosing what I will have, which includes treats. I had some cracker jacks today. That was my choice. My choice was also not to have the donuts because I knew they wouldn't fill me up and I would have to sacrifice calories some other place in the day. That was the best choice for me.

I haven't always made the best choices, which is why I'm now trying to lose weight. I think that making better choices for myself, which includes some treats, deserves celebrating.

Well stated
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi BJ,

^^^THIS. 100% this.
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wine with dinner. A Saturday tradition...
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    There was a banana on my counter and it was getting pretty brown. I thought it might still be passable, but at the last minute I decided not to risk it.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    A monterey jack and chicken taquito. I'm only slightly sad.
  • TennesseeGirl09
    Options
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...my kryptonite! Honestly, I didn't really want them, they were just there, which in the past meant I had to have them. But not today.. That is a HUGE step for me!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    zebra cupcakes
    and honey buns............
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Broccoli. I need those calories for more pudding.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One of our customers brought us donors this morning to myth office.... and I didn't have one! That's pretty amazing for me! And yet I still pushed myself to move a little :)
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lunch...my monthly anniversary dinner with my hubby is always tacos. And I love me some tacos. I need I'd need the extra calories to compensate so I had a big breakfast and a LOT of water today...It worked! Had enough taco-y goodness to satisfy me without going over my cal/fat limits!

I don't mind a little depravation when there is a good enough reason for it. And homemade tacos are a VERY good reason!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...my kryptonite! Honestly, I didn't really want them, they were just there, which in the past meant I had to have them. But not today.. That is a HUGE step for me!

That's my issue most of the time.... I'm trying to learn to recognize when I'm actually hungry versus when I just want to eat.
    Go you!
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie Nutty Bar. Damn, I wanted it, too! 310 calories made it a lot less magical. Had some string cheese instead. :) Baby steps!
  • ellliemaeee
    ellliemaeee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The donut that's sitting on the kitchen table in the office, staring me in the face right now.
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Seconds. My Dad threw a BBQ tonight and made all my favorites :p I really wanted more because it tasted so good and it will be a while before I have my Dad's cooking again but I wasn't hungry anymore. I would have enjoyed the taste but not the overstuffed feeling or seeing my food diary go in the red so I passed :p