How do you like your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Like a dessert; fruit, nuts and sugar. I've never had a savory oatmeal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with pumpkin puree, cinnamon & a splash of Pumpkin Spice Coffee Mate,

or steel cut oats, PB2 and maple syrup.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with full cream milk, choc / peanut butter protein powder and flaxseed meal.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    in someone else's bowl. Always found eating oatmeal to be a grueling chore, even dressed up with apples and cinnamon.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I like to leave it at the grocery store. Don't care for oatmeal.
    Even though I'm a fan of oatmeal, I lol'ed at this :p
    Wheat toast! Not what toast. Lol
    And this. Have to give it a go myself :D

• dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every morning - milk, blueberries and maple syrup! I get bored with my lunches and dinners being the same, but am perfectly happy having the same breakfast at least 6 days out of 7! I suspect my half-awake brain appreciates the simplicity of knowing exactly what I'm preparing - I could probably make them in my sleep at this point! It helps I love the taste as well!that
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal made with water, splash of almond milk, add 1/2 banana (sliced) and chopped walnuts.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No bake cookies!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like baked oatmeal. Strawberry Cheesecake oatmeal is popular with my family. http://www.thewholesomedish.com/strawberry-cheesecake-baked-oatmeal/
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've been trying the overnight oats and they are pretty good. Oats, almond milk, honey, salt, cinnamon, frozen blueberries let set overnight. Microwave then add banana & nuts. Sometimes for lunch I'll heat up oatmeal with broth and add a can of mixed vegetables...pretty good! I plan to try different versions of the overnight oats for breakfast. Just need to be careful....don't want to eat all my calories that early :)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I make a batch of Amish Baked Oatmeal every weekend for me and the hubs to eat during the week. I bake mine in eight individual ramekins, so that hubs can take his to work. I start with the basic recipe and then add in what sounds good.

Lately, it has been chopped pecans and replacing half the vanilla with a butter pecan flavor extract and then a drizzle of maple syrup (about a tbsp.)

I have also had it plain, chocolate chips/pecans, blueberries and chocolate chip/peanut butter. This is a great recipe to experiment with: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/01/amish-baked-oatmeal/
  • The_Ugly_One
    The_Ugly_One Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    depending on what i mix it with but a stock, sautéed onions and bacon with 3 eggs cracked inside or onions, cumin, harissa and 3 eggs cracked inside.... only eat it savoury, don;t like it sweet.

YES! Thank you. I don't know why oatmeal is ALWAYS prepared sweet and dumped full of sugar, nuts, fruit and syrup. Yuck.

My favorite is steel-cut oatmeal made with chicken broth and seasoned with garlic powder and black pepper. Topping it with either avocado or a poached egg makes it even better.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup overnight oats with
    1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
    1/2 banana
    15 grams vegan vanilla protein powder
    12 grams pb2
    1 tsp chia seeds
    1 packet stevia

everything but the stevia is weighed but i don't always remember without looking at my entries what they weigh out to.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I like oat bran better, mixed with blueberries, cherries, or peaches and topped with maple syrup, walnuts, and a cup of plain greek yogurt.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein power
    2 Tbsp PB2 peanut butter powder
    1 Tbsp chia seeds
    1/4 cup blueberries

This is my go-to breakfast throughout the week
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with raisins, cinnamon, milk, and a little honey :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup oats with 1/2 cup almond milk. Add teaspoon chia seeds & 1/3 cup walnuts, add sliced fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, 1/2 banana. Its my go to breakfast.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Make oatmeal with milk, add chocolate protein powder and berries.
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I usually just add brown sugar and a splash of milk but I think I need to get a little more creative!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Only in cookies w/raisins but cookies are out of the diet right now.

I will carry packs of instant oatmeal for breakfast when camping or backpacking but haven't done that for quite awhile.

Use to cook them for breakfast because they are supposed to be good for you in terms of fiber and reducing cholesterol but just got tired of doing that, especially since they don't taste good unless you add some kind of sweetener. So, no oats for me right now.