How do you like your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    . 5 cup Cooked in water, a teaspoon of sugar or two, and some cinnamon. Served with 3 or 4 scrambled eggs.
  • Nyusha21
    Nyusha21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oats, milk and then either apple + cinnamon or banana + peanut butter (or unsweetened cocoa powder). Then boil.
  • Mcrow1212
    Mcrow1212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat mine mixed with some chocolate protein powder.
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i add grated zucchini, protein powder and egg white to mine - sounds weird but is really tasty!
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The people who've mentioned cookies... that's me too! I've never cared for oatmeal, except in cookies. My mom makes chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with the oats ground so fine, you barely know they're oatmeal cookies. Amazing! That's the only way to eat it for me. ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cooked with powdered milk, couple tablespoons chia seeds, and currants. I swirl it with Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    in the supermarket unless its a cookie
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Milk and peanut butter. Cinnamon optional.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like it with cinnamon, raisins, vanilla extract, and some sweetener (I like a little agave nectar most). I also like the strawberries and cream/peaches and cream packets, although I don't have them often. I love oatmeal in any form, steel cut, rolled, instant, etc. it's all good to me :)
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to make a bunch of steel cut oats an quinoa ahead of time and portion it out for the week. I'd take 2 parts steel cut oats and 1 part quinoa, soak it in yogurt whey for 12 hours, then add water and cook it until it gets nice and thick, then portion it out for each day. In the morning I'd heat it back up in the microwave, then add 4 oz yogurt, some protein powder, and a sliced banana. Very filling and tasty breakfast.

I like the idea of savory oats tho, I think I'll have to try my oats/quinoa mix with stock and aromatics next time :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    In the box, unopened, at the grocery store
  • caroabbey1983
    caroabbey1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with pumpkin, maple syrup, almond milk, and almond butter. Keeps me full til lunch!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    in the trash .....
  • tanny684
    tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I add lactose free skimmed milk, blueberries and unpasteurised organic honey. Gorgeous
  • SoCrescentCity
    SoCrescentCity Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ugh, my husband luv eggs and bacon with oatmeal. So disgusting
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Vegan butter (Earth Balance) and salt. Yummy I'm hungry now.
  • SoCrescentCity
    SoCrescentCity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pinch of salt, butter, cream and brown sugar.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    rnnzo wrote: »
    I eat mine with peanut butter and strawberries and bananas with vanilla almond milk on top! Yum :)
    SOUNDS GREAT!
    :)
    I cook oatmeal in coconut milk with real butter, then add ginger with blueberries ...or cinnamon and sliced apples...or bananas and strawberries with a hint of nutmeg.
    I do NOT add raw sugar...

I eat oatmeal with eggs and a multi-veggie smoothie.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Crockpot oatmeal is the best.

Then my boys get a hot meal before school and they can add whatever toppings they like. I like fruit and nuts on mine but my 5 year old likes peanut butter and banana on his. My 3 year old is a purist. It's got to be brown sugar and raisins for him. Hubs sneaks chocolate chips into his oatmeal.

I've done all different recipes but the basics are just 1 cup steel cut oats to 3.5 cups water in the crockpot on low overnight. I use a crockpot liner cause I'm not doing dishes at breakfast. I usually toss a cinnamon stick in there too. Sometimes, I'll dice apples and thrown them in first so they settle on the bottom and get all gooey and cooked.
  • srvyvr
    srvyvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat my oatmeal savory, never sweet. Mix in liquid egg whites, salt, pepper, bacon, it's divine!!!!!! I like them very solid, thick, so it almost is like eating a yummy casserole.