Replies

• babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So.many.choices. :sad:
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    I would say go to bodybuilding.com and pick out a lifting program and start it now! Cardio is good but you only need it for heart health and only a couple of times a week.

This!

Also I havent done cardio in months only time i Cardio is when I cut. Honestly i dont plan on doin cardio untill my show prep starting this winter!

If your worried about your cardio endurance suffering studies say that you only need 1-2 high intensity sessions a week to maintain your cardio endurance. Good luck :)
  • BGoodz22
    BGoodz22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lean look is comprised of strength training and a strong diet. Lower body fat % + Lean muscle = Lean look.
  • TheLast16
    TheLast16 Posts: 18
    Options
    This is my opinion... to get a long lean look do bodyweight workouts. I always feel tighter and stronger without the bulky feeling.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lift at least three times a week!
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I want that lean, ripped look with muscle definition and my wife told me today that I should therefore lift. I already have body beast but my only concern was that by doing that as my primary workout and weights as secondary, my CV endurance would suffer.

This is a common misconception but your cardio ability can and will improve as you gain strength, provided you do not neglect your cardio training. Even if you did completely neglect it cardio is not that difficult to bring up to speed, certainly not in comparison to gaining strength or muscle mass.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your profile pic, I would suggest eating more, a lot more. Protein is your friend, well, food in general is your friend.
  • babychris1
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I have managed to get BF % to 13.8

Had a look at bodybuilding.com and found loads of wicked routines to follow..

For the past week I have been doing Body Beast on top of HIIT 6/week

Hoping this will do the job.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I have managed to get BF % to 13.8

Had a look at bodybuilding.com and found loads of wicked routines to follow..

For the past week I have been doing Body Beast on top of HIIT 6/week

Hoping this will do the job.

Do not forget to EAT, and eat LOTS! Get as much protein as you can.
  • babychris1
    Options
    Thanks.. Seems weird, After 6 months of calorie deficit, to finally reach goal weight and realise I must now eat more to get lean.. Hard to get my head around.. better change my mind set..
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Thanks.. Seems weird, After 6 months of calorie deficit, to finally reach goal weight and realise I must now eat more to get lean.. Hard to get my head around.. better change my mind set..

Yes it is. I just crossed over the line from being skinny to looking bad and got a talk by my doctor on Tuesday and my sister in law on Friday. I went to the grocery and purchased full fat yogurt and 90 calorie coconut milk, lots of avocados and nuts to help me gain some weight back. My issue was more the fact that my burns were higher than I realized and there for I was still losing, and I was eating 2000 to 2500 cals per day! I recently took up cycling and was letting MFP calcuate my burn, I will have to wear my HRM next time we go to get an accurate count.

I do not feel comfortable suggesting a good amount for you to eat but I am sure one of the fellas on here that are more knowledgeable than I on building muscle will be happy to help you with your cals and macros.
  • babychris1
    Options
    Cheers dude
  • babychris1
    Options
    Old thread, Bulked to180lbs now time to drop my body fat and show off some of that muscle!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    babychris1 wrote: »
    Old thread, Bulked to180lbs now time to drop my body fat and show off some of that muscle!

Get on the bike and pedal 90 minutes a day TWTh, 2 hours on Saturday, and 3 hours on Sunday. Lift on M and F.

Then we might see the new lean and mean you...

• babychris1
    Options

Get on the bike and pedal 90 minutes a day TWTh, 2 hours on Saturday, and 3 hours on Sunday. Lift on M and F.

I'd waste away. Skinny is not a good look !
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

I'd waste away. Skinny is not a good look !

I thought you wanted to look lean?

So if you bulked to 180 from 147, assuming that gaining more than 1.8x pounds per month in muscle weight since you started this thread would be a freak of nature - how much body fat do you have to trim from that 33 pound weight gain you've experienced?
  • babychris1
    Options
    1 billion percent!

It's true