• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    800? Yikes. That makes me hungry
    h6EFDC6CC
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I know i should but everyone else is so good at eating right i feel bad. I guess i've got to have more will power and eat more good food to fill me up, Cheers guys. :)

Don't be so hard on yourself. NO ONE is eating 100% perfect. My diary is open, you can see for yourself.

You are not doing YOURSELF any favors by leaving food off your log, kiddo. This isn't about us, it's about you. If you're logging everything you eat, you have a better tool at your disposal for planning ahead.

Frankly though, I really think you'll find your satisfaction and willpower will improve substantially when you're eating enough good nourishing food. There's no reason to "feel bad" about your willpower, especially since my guess is that it's a physiological reaction to the fact that you're freaking starving.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    A. There are no crap foods.

B. If I ate less than 800 calories a day I'd probably binge too

C. How are you even typing?

I agree with B and C totally, but A ... Well, if it's got artificial ingredients, then it is indeed a "crap food"; even if it's low in calories ...

Example: Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt, crap .... Fage or Chobani Plain Yogurt 2%, not crap
    Lite Cool Whip, crap ... Real Homemade Whipped Cream, not crap
    Lcuky Charms (or most kid's cereals), crap ... Pizza from your local mom and pop type pizzeria, not crap
    Yoohoo (or chocolate drink that has no milk in it), crap ... Square of high quality dark chocolate, not crap

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm literally eating pudding mixed with cool whip as we speak (Not lite cool whip tho. Full fat extra creamy.)
    flavored yogurt crap...plain greek not crap
    lite cool whip crap...real or regular non lite cool whip not crap
    lucky charms not crap...pizza crap
    milk chocolate not crap...dark chocolate not crap

See how both are based on opinion?
    Also omg there's a chocolate drink not made of milk? What is this magic you speak of?
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    First off Eat a big breakfast and have snacks ready at all times. If I don't get super hungry I don't have the urge for bad food as much. Also I go shopping 1st of the week and buy everything I need for the week. Worst thing you can do is go shopping while hungry so if I have everything healthy and ready at home I have no need to go to the store and see something tempting
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Protein ideas:

String cheese, regular or light
    Almonds, pistachios, cashews, etc. just be careful about portion sizes
    peanut butter
    Hummus
    chicken
    fish
    pork
    beef
    legumes
    other cheeses
    greek yogurt
    and there is a lotmore

also try eating small meals every 2 to three hours, to keep your blood glucose more even.

Good luck and log everything, to see if this helps you