How much water do you drink?

Options
ktfranke
ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
iq9vcatv8s7n.jpeg
Just bought myself a jug! Gotta start getting more water in! How much do you drink in a day? I'm aiming for a MINIMUM of 74.4oz! But on workout days, I'd like to get twice that much!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    None, I'm not keen on the stuff.
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I bought a 48oz jug and I usually drink 3 of those a day
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't really know...I carry around a 24 ounce bottle and drink it and fill it up numerous times during the day but I've never really counted. I'm hydrated so I'm good.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I go by pee color. I don't keep track, it's a fruitless endeavor for me.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't measure it. Easily 2-3l of fluids, mostly plain water or chamomile tea. I drink when I'm thirsty, generally. If I feel a bit out of sorts, first thing I do is have a cup of water to see if that helps.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-10 cups a day. That's about one of your jugs.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I go by pee color. I don't keep track, it's a fruitless endeavor for me.

I'm sure I drink a lot. It's hot and very dry where I live and I run every other day outside. On most runs this time of year I lose between 2 and 3 pounds (32 to 48 fluid ounces) of water through sweat and breathing. However, I don't track how much I'm drinking. I drink when I'm thirsty and it's not usually plain water. No ill effects, yet!
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    2-3 L a day, mostly water and a few cups of tea. Usually have a 0.5 L water bottle with me all the time as it's always hot here.
  • moochew1972
    moochew1972 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As water....non.....as coffee as much as my thirst dictates
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    No idea, but I pee regularly and it's light coloured and doesn't smell funky. So I reckon I'm good. I drink quite a lot of liquids as I'm constantly thirsty.
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a 16oz water bottle on me from the moment I get up to the moment I go to sleep. I probably refill it a good 8-10 times a day. Hydration is key!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    120 ounces
  • dperry619
    dperry619 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    10~12 of the 16 oz bottles per day if not more
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I refill my 30 oz. Yeti about 4 times a day
  • cdncarrie13
    cdncarrie13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try and get in 1 gal a day but doesn't always work that way. I average 88-96oz but also go y urine color mostly. I have a water infusion bottle (24oz) and I do aim for 5 of those a day but won't go below 64oz a day. I don't drink coffee or tea or sodas or anything like that, just water with lemon and something different fruits inside my infusion.
  • Imasay
    Imasay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Water is good!! You need it to live!! You do get a lot of water from food but you can't go by the color of your pee.. What if you take medication? What if it's one of Those weeks
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I average a gallon a day. I'll drink 76 oz just over the course of a workout and recovery.
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ktfranke wrote: »
    iq9vcatv8s7n.jpeg
    Just bought myself a jug! Gotta start getting more water in! How much do you drink in a day? I'm aiming for a MINIMUM of 74.4oz! But on workout days, I'd like to get twice that much!

I have the same one. I drink two or three of those a day. @ktfranke
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Define "water". As far as I'm concerned, all my zero calorie drinks* count (mostly water and iced tea) because adding a slice of lemon or some extracts from tea leaves don't change the fact that you're consuming water. I tried counting once and got to about 12 cups/day - and it wasn't an unusual day - so I can't be bothered to track every day.

*Really, all drinks count but the only drink-with-calories I have is milk, and I classify that as food. The whole "8 cups a day" thing is a big marketing ploy by the bottled water companies.