Still insanely hungry on 1200 cals/day. Would appreciate advice.

Options
124»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dare I suggest you eat more than 1400? Take it further and keep with the exercise. You'd probably be suprised how much you can eat if you add in just some regular activity.
  • clp93023
    clp93023 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 54 year old female. My current intake is 1,250 calories per day, give or take 50 either way. I'm at 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat, and lots of water. I eat extremely clean, eat 5 meals per day, and do not have a cheat day. I am (usually) not hungry. Could it be the types of foods you are eating? I've been utilizing the Glycemic Index to find low GI foods. I eat a lot of brown rice, whole-grain oats, quinoa; I bulk on up raw spinach. I eat broccoli, cauliflower, brussell sprouts, apples. Chicken, fish, extra lean turkey, egg whites, and, of course, the post work-out protein shake. I very seldom eat bread and do not eat flour, fried foods, processed foods, or sugar.

I work with a personal trainer 3 times per week and do 50 minutes of cardio 5 to 6 times per week, and the weight is definitely coming off but this is not a one-size-fits-all plan.

Don't give up! There is a solution! I do agree with the above post. Frequent urination could be a sign of diabetes or some other health issue and you should probably see your physician for a check-up.
  • clp93023
    clp93023 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update! What works for one doesn't always work for another. Keep up the good work and try not to let setbacks discourage you. You know what you need to do! Rock On!
  • gsnyder1
    gsnyder1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might need to be eating more fats and fiber and less carbs. Try adding a bit of almond butter to your oatmeal or adding avocado to a salad so you feel fuller longer!