Healthy choice or Bad choice? Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it fills you up and fits your goals then it is not a bad choice.
    Those foods provide nutrients.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    lady_shiba wrote: »
    I personally would exchange the sausage for a leaner option, maybe turkey bacon? But if your only concern is maintaining a caloric deficit then I'd say go for it

I'm not sure turkey bacon is much leaner than turkey sausage, but the difference couldn't be much. Fat is not a bad thing.

Bacon is almost always the "leaner" choice when it comes to breakfast meats. Even regular full fat bacon is going to be leaner, I think, than sausage. Now, if you can fit the regular full fat bacon into your nutrition goals, do it. Turkey bacon will be less in calories but it is highly processed. It's really a very personal choice. I am one to eat what I want as long as it fits into my goals and I've been consistently been losing weight.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It sounds very healthy to me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It seems to fit into my daily eating fine. I just question it because I look at healthy eating blogs all the time and I never see grits on the list as an option. I have allergy to eggs so can't eat eggs as a choice. Also I have low blood sugar attacks so eating something sweet in the mornings such as cereal is not a option for me either. I eat oatmeal some mornings but it's not a favorite of mine. I also occasionally eat 1 piece of toast with peanutbutter sometimes. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm making good choices or bad.

Grits are a whole grain...I eat them frequently. What you're going to generally find on "healthy eating" blogs and the like are whatever is trendy at the moment...I don't know too many places where grits are trendy.