I NEVER Believed in diet pills until........

Options
I got a hold of the ones I am taking. I am not going to say the name of them because I AM NOT trying to be warned for advertising a product etc...

My question is, if the diet pills are working really really really super well, should I continue to take them? I can go the whole day and eat just a salad...I have to force myself to eat now. Is this dangerous? I do eat, but I have to make myself eat. Crazy stuff!!!

Advise?

I AM NOT TRYING TO PROMOTE ANYTHING, JUST SEEKING ADVICE ;)

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Does a pill that somehow makes you only hungry enough for a salad seem like a good idea?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It is NOT a good idea.

Read the side effects on the label.
    You wanna be skinny that bad, you are willing to risk all sorts of ailments and/or death?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I got a hold of the ones I am taking. I am not going to say the name of them because I AM NOT trying to be warned for advertising a product etc...

My question is, if the diet pills are working really really really super well, should I continue to take them? I can go the whole day and eat just a salad...I have to force myself to eat now. Is this dangerous? I do eat, but I have to make myself eat. Crazy stuff!!!

Advise?

When you don't eat, you can be malnourished. Think about this: if you had a child with a weight problem, would you let them do this? If not, then why aren't you any more important?
    Not to mention that extreme deficit when not needed will affect one's metabolism with or without pill. Don't be shocked if your hair gets thinner of falls out, nails crack easy, or you stop menstruating. Not good signs of health at that point.
    And pills teach you nothing about eating. You're just not eating because of hormone manipulation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It sounds nutz...but that is what is happening with me. I got this stuff directly from China.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Advise?

Your question: is this dangerous? Now if someone were to ask you this question, how would you answer it? Crazy stuff indeed.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If someone told you they ONLY eat a salad a day...wouldn't you tell them that's not a good idea?

That's one way to start heading down the path of an eating disorder....and no...not using the term lightly.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Does a pill that somehow makes you only hungry enough for a salad seem like a good idea?

^^^This.

In my limited experience, the effects of diet pills don't last, and they don't create lifelong habits.

*Highly anecdotal evidence in 3...2..1....* My aunt and my good friend both got addicted to diet pills. At first, they were GREAT. Oh man, it gave them tons of energy and they were never hungry and they would be buzzing around getting **** done and it was just awesome. But slowly, those pills stopped making them feel like that. They needed to up the dosage in order to get the same effects. Eventually they were taking the pills but feeling the same as before they even started. The weight they lost came back, only this time they didn't know how to get rid of it. They hadn't learned anything about proper nutrition, they just let the pills do the work for them. So when they got off the pills (which they both did, thank jeebus), they gained everything back and they had learned exactly 0 about how to safely lose weight. I know that this anecdote is limited, but it's my experience and I wouldn't suggest diet pills to any of my loved ones. Ever.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It sounds nutz...but that is what is happening with me. I got this stuff directly from China.

Seems legit.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You're ruining your metabolism by eating that little. What are you going to do? Take the pills for the rest of your life? You're going to gain it back as soon as you stopped taking them because you are learning nothing about eating healthy on this "diet" of yours.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. If I took a pill that made me not eat anything I would stop taking them immediately. ESPECIALLY if they were direct from China. Might as well go smoke crystal meth, you won't eat anything then either, and at least the ingredients will probably be safer.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I don't eat anything from china, at least not knowingly...
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    not knowing which ones you are taking really makes it hard for anyone to comment, but for me, not being hungry for much more than a salad would be a godsend at this point. ( I find I am always hungry) . I don't think this would be a good long term plan but if done within reason (and for a reasonably short time) it can't hurt overly much....
    just my opinion though
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    So it's not regulated and likely hasn't been tested.
    Would you take street drugs?
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. If I took a pill that made me not eat anything I would stop taking them immediately. ESPECIALLY if they were direct from China. Might as well go smoke crystal meth, you won't eat anything then either, and at least the ingredients will probably be safer.

lol
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

Haha!

Seriously, OP... Come on.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

ESPECIALLY if you get your hands on some of Walter White's blue crystal. That *kitten* is DOPE, yo.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I wouldn't even touch stuff from China. They have NO REGULATION for the purity of product being bottled. In fact lots of supplements from China are usually tainted with something and for all you know their could be male pro hormones in them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    So it's not regulated and likely hasn't been tested.
    Would you take street drugs?

That's what I was thinking.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sounds like phentermine. And no, I wouldn't still take it. If you're going to take it, you still need to make yourself eat enough calories.
  • Piriteze
    Piriteze Posts: 4
    Options
    I take diet pills too(EC Stack). They've stopped me from binging.
    I've done extensive research on them and their ingredients. They can have negative effects if you take silly amounts but research has shown they kill your appetite and help you lose more fat. I know the risks and I accept them, just like I do with any other drug.
This discussion has been closed.