I NEVER Believed in diet pills until........

Options

Replies

• ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Its not phen---whatever you call it.

Its 7 or 8 natural ingredients.

And one of them is ephedrine? Natural stimulants will mess you up just as nicely as their laboratory cousins do.
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options

I do not plan to do this forever.

I know you guys are shocked, and somewhat defensive, and I do appreciate everyone's concern.

But you don't know it's natural. What it says on the label and what is inside it are probably (almost definitely) completely different. You've ordered these pills online from a country with no regulation of the substance you've ordered, and completely believe what is essentially window dressing on the pill bottle.

Yes we are shocked. Some of us have seen what happens when people take unlicensed medications from countries that are infamous for lying about ingredients and tainting medicines and foods.

As for defensive...well, you're the one desperate to defend the pills you've already very obviously got your doubts about.

I sincerely hope that whatever you think is in there is all that is in there.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    WHAT would you tell your 9 year old niece if she came to you when she grew up and asked you if this was good for her?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    why can't everybody leave the OP alone??

obviously the placebo ( or in this case, the NOcebo ) effect is working for her.

So we should let her keep doing what she is doing? Even if it means she eats 500 calories or less? Even if it means she ends up sick and doing serious harm to herself?

I think she'll do what she wants, but if someone asks, I'll tell them straight if what they are doing is dumb and dangerous. At least they can't say, 'well, I didn't know."
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I do not plan to do this forever.

I know you guys are shocked, and somewhat defensive, and I do appreciate everyone's concern.

Why did you post this? You know people around here are going to tell you it's a stupid idea.

Hopefully you don't end up in the hospital.

Come to think of it, this thread should be deleted for promoting unsafe behavior.

Agreed, because you know there OP has gotten at least 1 PM asking what it is and where to order it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    why can't everybody leave the OP alone??

obviously the placebo ( or in this case, the NOcebo ) effect is working for her.

So we should let her keep doing what she is doing? Even if it means she eats 500 calories or less? Even if it means she ends up sick and doing serious harm to herself?

I think she'll do what she wants, but if someone asks, I'll tell them straight if what they are doing is dumb and dangerous. At least they can't say, 'well, I didn't know."

^^ yup
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Years ago I took Phen-Fen. I was 240 lbs when I started. I quickly lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks and over the course of next 6 months lost another 40 lbs. It was pulled from the market at that point because of the many cases of lung and heart damage it was causing and deaths. Well, now my weight started to slowly come back on. Then I found Xenadrine which was ephedrine. I started that and lost the remainder of my weght which brought me down 130 lbs. It gave me heart palpitations and insomnia but I didn't care. Fast forward to wanting another child, I went off the Xenadrine and because I never truly changed my diet habits or exercised, the weight started coming back on. I didn't have that appetite suppression and couldn't control myself. I ballooned back up to 232 lbs. I stayed in the 200+ range for the next 10 years until last year.

I've lost 84 lbs in the last year by diet and exercise. I've changed my eating habits and have made a lifestyle change that I can maintain for the rest of my life. I feel great.

Using the pills will only be a temporary fix. You won't have lasting results once you go off it. And there is also the health risks associated with the pills your taking.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diet pills at all. This should be done through hard work and learning about food and nutrition.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    You may be losing weight now, but when you go off you will gain it back.

Instead, learn how to eat right, how to fuel your body for the best health.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    sounds like one i tried a long time ago called fruta planta. It gave me palpitations, but I lost weight and had tons of energy.
    Until I couldn't walk up the stairs to my dorm without my vision blurring. Avoid things from other countries that aren't regulated or FDA approved!

btw fruta planta is chinese and says its natural.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Like others have said on here, unfortunately.. you are learning NOTHING from taking a pill. I can't tell you the countless times I've seen people take pills, do the HCG diet.. the atkins diet.. the cabbage diet.. the blah blah diet.. and it works great, but then when they go to live a normal life, they blow up like a balloon.. put on more weight than they started with and they have no idea why.
    SERIOUSLY! BE SMART. eat, exercise, and lose weight. That's how it's done.

also, if you can't afford meth.. I've hear crack is cheaper and has the same effects as your chinese diet pill.
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    IT is also sold here in the USA, but the ones in China are stronger. People buy it here from the USA too....I said that already.
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    IT is also sold here in the USA, but the ones in China are stronger. People buy it here from the USA too....I said that already.

So tell us what it is and what the ingredients are!
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    All its doing is supressing your appetite. Sure if you wanna be anorexic that would be fine. Otherwise why would you do that to yourself? Just eat at a slight calorie deflict and you can lose weight. Starvation, or 'forgetting to eat' isn't the way to go. You need food, its fuel for your body and without it your body holds on to your fat to survive the starvation period. So really what would you be accomplishing?
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    tell us what it is! we ARE DYING to be skinny here!!!!!

no pun intended.........
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Is this dangerous?

Yes it is dangerous and also very unhealthy.
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its not fruta planta.

Not sure why people are being so rude to me. I am a nice person, have said nothing wrong.

I will just have to show you guys after pics when I get there :)))))
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If all you are eating all day is a salad, then yes, it is dangerous. Why would you even have to ask? Ridiculousness. I'm really not trying to be mean, it's just that common sense would show that your body needs food to operate properly.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Its not fruta planta.

Not sure why people are being so rude to me. I am a nice person, have said nothing wrong.

I will just have to show you guys after pics when I get there :)))))

People are being rude because you're suggesting that diet pills are a legit way to lose weight, and most of us vehemently disagree with that. Instead, why not try a healthy, sustainable diet and some exercise? Sounds crazy, I know.
This discussion has been closed.