Weight loss vs. Pant size

Options
I apologize in advanced if this has been asked before but the app on my phone keeps messing up every time I try and search.

I wanted to get some input and see how much people had to loose before going down a pant size.
I am 5'8" and started out at 248.4 and am down to 229.8 (18.6 lbs) and I have lost:
Waist- 1.25"
Hips- 1.5"
Thigh- 2"
...and so far I haven't gone down a size :(
I am feeling better in my clothes, but just wondering what others lost before dropping a size.
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually every 10lb.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on a number of factors, but generally the higher size you are the more you have to lose to change sizes. I started at 248 also, just two inches shorter, and it was about 20-25 pounds before I could get into a 20.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 2 stone (28lbs) to go down a size
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's going to be a very subjective answer, I'm afraid. A person's height, body fat percentage and bone structure are going to play into it. So is the construction of your pants (stretch) and how tightly they fit you before you started to lose weight. If they were tight it's going to take a lot longer to drop a size than if they were already pretty loose on you.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I started at 262 in a size 24. I just kind of dealt with it, so I'm not sure what it ended up being, but at 210ish DH complained so much about my "saggy buns" in too large of jeans, that I went shopping. At that point, I was into an 18.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Probably about 10lbs or so. Though recently I haven't lost a lot scale weight, maybe 4lbs but within that have lost nearly a size (and i still have maybe 30lbs to lose for reference). I put it down to strength training giving me some low level recomp so can't complain!
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    That's going to be a very subjective answer, I'm afraid. A person's height, body fat percentage and bone structure are going to play into it. So is the construction of your pants (stretch) and how tightly they fit you before you started to lose weight. If they were tight it's going to take a lot longer to drop a size than if they were already pretty loose on you.

I know it's going to be subjective, but I'm just asking for everyone's personal experience. 18 lbs feels like a lot to me and I feel like I should have lost a size but now that I have others to compare weight los to I see differently :)
  • stephaniej2888
    Options
    I started at 262 in a size 24. I just kind of dealt with it, so I'm not sure what it ended up being, but at 210ish DH complained so much about my "saggy buns" in too large of jeans, that I went shopping. At that point, I was into an 18.

That's awesome!
    I'm in a size 16 now (which is what I was starting out but they were getting tight lol)
    I am hoping to get down a size or two by the holidays
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's really inches lost not pants. It's also more needed to lose for the larger sizes, and less when transitioning between smaller sizes

So waist lost 6 inches
    hips lost 4 inches
    Moved form a large 14 (well sometimes a 16 or a 14W) into a 12 ( smaller if in designer clothes).
    45 lbs lost I'm 5 6
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I went down 2 dress sizes in 4 month, that's 2 stone so 1 stone per size. Although, I tried on some jeans that used to fit me years ago and they fit now, but I weigh more than I did when they used to fit me. I'm guessing I've lost more in inches than in weight as I've been doing toning workouts.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Losing 40 pounds (many years ago; pre-baby weight) took me down from size 12ish to size 6ish.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the larger sizes take longer to go down sizes, they are more ... accommodating.

probably ...30 ish pounds to start going down sizes. once i got under 210 ish and a sz 16 or so? it was around every 10 pounds or so
  • stephaniej2888
    Options
    That's for all the info everyone :)
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". For me 10 pounds is a size...
  • sijaeabc
    sijaeabc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 2 sizes in the last 55lbs, the second size just switched today!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" started at 248, currently 208.5 and I've gone down 2 sizes.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I lost hip weight very quickly so it's hard to relate pounds to size. In 81lbs and 6 months I went from a 16/18 to a 2 if that's helpful