Weight loss vs. Pant size

2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Well, I lost about 20 lbs to go from can't even zip up my test jeans to I can wear my test jeans.
    However, most of my pants were stretchy waist and bought to fit my hips. My hips have not changed size much even though my waist has so I'm wearing the same pants I was 27 lbs ago.
    It depends on where you carry your weight and the type of pants you are talking about.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    From a man's perspective...
    Five foot nine inches tall...

oaambs5yihuq.jpg

g9bcyps1k6ar.jpg
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    about every twenty pounds
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    I'm weird... It seems like I lose more pant sizes than I did weight. I was always at a "healthy" weight but I lost 25 pounds and 3-4 pant sizes (went from an 8 to a 0-2... though could go as low as 00 depending on the brand and style). So it seems like 6 pounds of fat = a pant size for me.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    edited August 2016
    3 yrs ago, I dropped 40 lbs fron 198 to158 and went from 36 to 32" pants. This time around, I dropped 21 lbs from 196 to 175 and went from 36 to 34" pants.

So, the answer to your question in my case seems to be a drop of 2" in men's waist pant size for each 20 lbs of weight loss.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    20-30lb
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Ok this thread motivated me to go through my clothes. A bunch of pants are on their way out of this house-and under them are several pairs that now fit well.
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »
    Ok this thread motivated me to go through my clothes. A bunch of pants are on their way out of this house-and under them are several pairs that now fit well.

I went though mine last night lol.
    I have one pair of pants that are almost fitting, but the rest I've probably still got a few months before those will fit.

I had my daughter a year ago and ever since my tummy has been the biggest trouble area, so even if pants fit, sometimes they just don't look right :(
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    I've lost about 40 pounds and I still haven't gone down a solid pant size. I'm starting to fit in some of the next size down, but we all know women's sizes aren't exactly consistent either. So my "big" pants are getting to be a bit too big but not unwearable, and I still can't fit into some of the next size down. Does that make sense?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Clothes stretch over time. And often, they are too tight when you start too... I was convinced that I hadn't lost a size after a few months, then tried new clothes on (same brand), and I fit in clothes that were 2 sizes under what I was wearing. So don't give up and just keep going!

(and yes, searches on this site suck).
  • stephaniej2888
    xynyth wrote: »
    I've lost about 40 pounds and I still haven't gone down a solid pant size. I'm starting to fit in some of the next size down, but we all know women's sizes aren't exactly consistent either. So my "big" pants are getting to be a bit too big but not unwearable, and I still can't fit into some of the next size down. Does that make sense?

Makes total sense lol
  • stephaniej2888
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Clothes stretch over time. And often, they are too tight when you start too... I was convinced that I hadn't lost a size after a few months, then tried new clothes on (same brand), and I fit in clothes that were 2 sizes under what I was wearing. So don't give up and just keep going!

(and yes, searches on this site suck).

Oh I'm definitely not giving up!
    I got to a breaking point where I was so u happy with myself and I had to change. Now I'm eating smaller portions and healthier and working out on a daily basis.
    I can see the changes happening slowly but it's still progress!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    xynyth wrote: »

Also even for the same brand, different cuts or jeans or different items (shorts or jeans) may not fit the same at the same size.

So yeah. Don't worry about size too much. Just find clothes that fit.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm wearing 30" waist pants for the first time in my adult life! I'm 48 they fit well B)

Biggest mistakes i made:
    15lbs lost - Going from 34" waist to 32" - bought 3 new pairs at this size plus new tops in medium (uk)

24lbs lost - I have just spent yet again on 30" pants and new tops in small (uk)

Wished i'd have waited a little longer and saved money :#
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    i have lost almost 30lbs, and am just getting into a 10...I was a 12 .
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I"ve lost 50 - I can barely squeeze into the next size down. But after losing that much I refuse to wear the bigger size I probably still should be wearing!