2»

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Sorry @alienws1998 but one thing you'll learn on these forums is that there's always people that go off topic, never actually just answer your question and love sarcasm.
    This is why I very rarely ask questions on here, I will message certain people I've got to know & know will help.

what? I see you all over the forums every day. :lol:

Yes in reply to others, as I said I very rarely ask my own questions (open a topic)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry @alienws1998 but one thing you'll learn on these forums is that there's always people that go off topic, never actually just answer your question and love sarcasm.
    This is why I very rarely ask questions on here, I will message certain people I've got to know & know will help.

Yes in reply to others, as I said I very rarely ask my own questions (open a topic)

You have your way of replying to topics and others have theirs. Why disparage a delivery that you don't agree with? How is telling someone to see a doctor going off topic? Yeesh.
  • fr33sia12
    edited August 2016
    Options

You have your way of replying to topics and others have theirs. Why disparage a delivery that you don't agree with? How is telling someone to see a doctor going off topic? Yeesh.

Ask OP they're the one who said it was going off topic, I merely told them that's what happens on here. I'll show you again just in case you missed it.
    I think we got off topic. I appreciate the concern for my health, but that's not what I meant to have here. I meant to discuss some of the Urban Legends surrounding weight loss.
  • Alluminati
    edited August 2016
    Options

Ask OP they're the one who said it was going off topic, I merely told them that's what happens on here. I'll show you again just in case you missed it.
    I think we got off topic. I appreciate the concern for my health, but that's not what I meant to have here. I meant to discuss some of the Urban Legends surrounding weight loss.

I'm sure that's all you're doing. lol.
  • fr33sia12
    Options

You have your way of replying, I have mine. lol
  • Alluminati
    Options

You have your way of replying, I have mine. lol

Except people are trying to help the OP, not rile up a majority of the posters. Enjoy :)
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Oh, you want to hear stories? Okay!

Once there was a person trying to lose weight. They woke up every day and drank hot lemon water for a metabolism boost. Then they chased it with bulletproof coffee to which they added heaps of grass-fed butter. Several small meals every few hours keeps the metabolism revved up, so they made sure to eat nothing but high-fat, low carb "clean" food all day. "Fruits and vegetables are okay, but bad carbs are always a no-no!" they reminded themselves as they promptly washed down the meal with green tea. Green tea every few hours also keeps the metabolism fired up, not to mention the cayenne pepper sprinkled on all the food.

After two months of no loss, the person started getting frustrated. "I want to see the scale move, but I'm eating clean, so I have to be building muscle from my walking and 20 minutes of daily yoga!" they thought to themselves. They found a site called MyFitnessPal where they decided to post on General Diet and Weight Loss Help. "I'm doing everything right, but not losing weight. What gives? Am I building muscle? I eat clean, avoid bad carbs, and eat several small meals to boost my metabolism." The replies they got were shocking. Firstly, some rude person posted some weird flowchart without even saying anything else. Then other people asked the person to open their diary and if they weighed their food; some even had the nerve to suggest that the metabolism can't be boosted by special foods or meal times! "What is a food diary?" they wondered, "and why would I need to weigh food?" After expressing such, many people responded with the same trite information, "You're eating more than you think. You're not eating at a deficit." The person knew that coming to MFP was clearly a mistake. "What a bunch of poor uneducated souls they are. They're clearly jealous of my fat burning secrets. I've already put on five pounds of muscle this month. My pants are so much tighter due to the gains in my quads. Time to go end the night with some fat burning grapefruit and an ACV water cocktail! I'll prove everyone wrong in due time!"

The End.

<3