Zimmerman found not guilty

Options
1234568»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    What if it was your kid?
    I may not be male but when I was 17 if a man followed me I would be scared to death. Grown men should not be out stalking 'suspicious looking children'. Or anyone if they aren't a police officer.
    How can anyone think that this behavior is ok? Of course I would tell my son to run..to fight back.
    It's so heartbreaking.

Thank you. I agree with this.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No one will ever know what happened that night. The justice system did its job. End of story.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What if it was your kid?
    I may not be male but when I was 17 if a man followed me I would be scared to death. Grown men should not be out stalking 'suspicious looking children'. Or anyone if they aren't a police officer.
    How can anyone think that this behavior is ok? Of course I would tell my son to run..to fight back.
    It's so heartbreaking.

People here seem to believe Zimmerman's version, that Trayvon was a thug who was beating his head into the concrete, even though evidence seems to point to his head NOT being bashed several times.

This just shows me that people see only what they want to see.

Not trying to push your buttons here, but you also seem to have a very definite narrative in your mind of what happened. I think that you are forgetting that the obligation of the prosecution is to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That easily leaves a situation where the jury is undecided on the facts but finds Zimmerman not guilty.

I went by what I saw, which was two small abrasions on the back of his head, which indicated that his head may have met with concrete, but not in the way he claimed. I'm not seeing what I want to see. I'm seeing what was presented and it didn't fit Zimmerman's narrative. But what's done is done. Florida is on my list of places never to visit nor move to.

I'm sorry you cannot understand that others may have opposing but reasonable views and that you have written off the entire state of Florida based on this. I respectfully disagree but there is not need to continue this discussion. I tried.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    What if it was your kid?
    It's so heartbreaking.

People here seem to believe Zimmerman's version, that Trayvon was a thug who was beating his head into the concrete, even though evidence seems to point to his head NOT being bashed several times.

This just shows me that people see only what they want to see.

Not trying to push your buttons here, but you also seem to have a very definite narrative in your mind of what happened. I think that you are forgetting that the obligation of the prosecution is to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That easily leaves a situation where the jury is undecided on the facts but finds Zimmerman not guilty.

I went by what I saw, which was two small abrasions on the back of his head, which indicated that his head may have met with concrete, but not in the way he claimed. I'm not seeing what I want to see. I'm seeing what was presented and it didn't fit Zimmerman's narrative. But what's done is done. Florida is on my list of places never to visit nor move to.

I don't blame you and I live in FL
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!

You do know that they were BOTH minority-race, right? Zimmerman isn't "white"....

You do know that you DO NOT have to be white to racially profile right???

Of course I do. The problem is that there is a HUGE segment of the country that thinks this was ALL about race. I don't think it was about that at all. I think it was about an overzealous neighborhood vigilante who saw a "punk" on his street. I honestly think he would have followed a White kid with a skateboard and a backwards cap, a Hispanic kid with a tattoo, an Asian kid with his cellphone to his ear. All completely "normal" kids...all completely normal actions...but all suspicious to a guy who's on a neighborhood watch due to multiple break-ins in the community. He was looking for ANYTHING unusual. He didn't recognize Treyvon, and took it upon himself to follow....the rest is for the Jury.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Obviously there was reasonable doubt, hence the not guilty verdict. Don't like it, well tough *kitten*. A jury or his peers decided based on the evidence that he was not guilty. Glad it is over. So much media over this one case, when how many people of all races, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicities are horribly assaulted every day? What makes this one so much more important than any other crime? Women are raped, people are murdered every day. Why is this demand special attention? I am sickened by all of it quite frankly and am thrilled it is fracking over.

ETA if you were not there, than you truly have no clue as to what happened. "Only weapon was a concrete sidewalk"? Seriously? Let me come bash your head repeatedly into concrete and see how your opinion changes. There is so much uninformed stupid surrounding this trial, I cannot bear to watch or even care.
This discussion has been closed.