Coffee/Tea drinkers and teeth staining?

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
I drink a lot of tea, and because of this my bottom teeth,especially the back of them get stained badly. I've just had them cleaned, and a couple of things my dentist recommended was to swish with water after every cup and lightly brush my teeth after every 3rd cup. I'm sick of having to get them cleaned/polished every 4-6mths, this requires 4 injections :sad:

Do you guys have any more tips?

Replies

• jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Swish coconut oil in your mouth for a few minutes. It does wonders.
  • Christine_72
    Options

ah yes, I've just started doing this again. I swish for 20ish minutes when i have a shower.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

ah yes, I've just started doing this again. I swish for 20ish minutes when i have a shower.

20 minutes??? I guess if you like the taste I don't see why not lol. I usually go for 8 or so minutes.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to get a clean and polish every 6 months? What do you mean requires injections? I think that's the recommendation anyhow every 6 months. Mine are pretty stained but comes off good with a whitening toothpaste. I'm going to try the water swishing though. (I find tea is worse than coffee actually)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I drink with a straw, to get it as far away from my teeth; as possible & slowly enough to not fill my mouth, with it because otherwise, that'd defeat the purpose; of using a straw.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    I drink with a straw, to get it as far away from my teeth; as possible & slowly enough not to fill my mouth, with it because then, that'd defeat the purpose; of using a straw.

The straw is revolutionary. Great suggestion for OP.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I drink with a straw, to get it as far away from my teeth; as possible & slowly enough not to fill my mouth, with it because then, that'd defeat the purpose; of using a straw.

The straw is revolutionary. Great suggestion for OP.

Thank you!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Are we supposed to get a clean and polish every 6 months? What do you mean requires injections? I think that's the recommendation anyhow every 6 months. Mine are pretty stained but comes off good with a whitening toothpaste. I'm going to try the water swishing though. (I find tea is worse than coffee actually)

My teeth/gums are very sensitive. I cant even handle the suction and water spray. I got 6 teeth cleaned which required 4 injections? it sucks!

I've thought of using a straw for tea and coffee, it would take a bit of getting used too... Id also be swapping teeth stains for those pesky wrinkles you get when sucking through straws :wink:

• DeficitDuchess
    Options

My teeth/gums are very sensitive. I cant even handle the suction and water spray. I got 6 teeth cleaned which required 4 injections? it sucks!

I've thought of using a straw for tea and coffee, it would take a bit of getting used too... Id also be swapping teeth stains for those pesky wrinkles you get when sucking through straws :wink:

Well if we live long enough, we'll all eventually have false teeth & wrinkles anyway, so I guess it's a decision of which; you'll be okay with happening sooner.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Wrinkles from sucking through a straw? How hard are you sucking? Lol. Let's keep this thread clean :blush:
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Well if we live long enough, we'll all eventually have false teeth & wrinkles anyway, so I guess it's a decision of which; you'll be okay with happening sooner.

I don't know about the false teeth situation. I can see myself keeping my original set til 85.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Wrinkles from sucking through a straw? How hard are you sucking? Lol. Let's keep this thread clean :blush:

I have that problem, with milkshakes but then again, doesn't practice; make perfect?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I don't know about the false teeth situation. I can see myself keeping my original set til 85.

Well I had an abscessed tooth, so I am having 2nd thoughts; concerning how long mine'll last.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

I have that problem, with milkshakes but then again, doesn't practice; make perfect?

You've gotta suck harder with milkshakes otherwise it wont come out.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Unless I let it, melt a little 1st or I just need a wider straw!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

The straw can only be so wide. But you're right, when it's warmer it's easier.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    LOL I just love the direction this thread has taken.

Have a look in the mirror next time your using a straw. I'm at that age when these these things start becoming a concern :(
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

The straw can only be so wide. But you're right, when it's warmer it's easier.

I also use the straw, like an ice pick; to break apart the clumps 1st. I consider it, an exercise lol!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    LOL I just love the direction this thread has taken.

Have a look in the mirror next time your using a straw. I'm at that age when these these things start becoming a concern :(

I agree!