Coffee/Tea drinkers and teeth staining?

Options

Replies

• BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LOL I just love the direction this thread has taken.
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Are we supposed to get a clean and polish every 6 months? What do you mean requires injections? I think that's the recommendation anyhow every 6 months. Mine are pretty stained but comes off good with a whitening toothpaste. I'm going to try the water swishing though. (I find tea is worse than coffee actually)

My teeth/gums are very sensitive. I cant even handle the suction and water spray. I got 6 teeth cleaned which required 4 injections? it sucks!

I've thought of using a straw for tea and coffee, it would take a bit of getting used too... Id also be swapping teeth stains for those pesky wrinkles you get when sucking through straws :wink:

Wrinkles from sucking through a straw? How hard are you sucking? Lol. Let's keep this thread clean :blush:

Have a look in the mirror next time your using a straw. I'm at that age when these these things start becoming a concern :(

Lol. Well you started it. And I don't use straws :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    LOL I just love the direction this thread has taken.
    Are we supposed to get a clean and polish every 6 months? What do you mean requires injections? I think that's the recommendation anyhow every 6 months. Mine are pretty stained but comes off good with a whitening toothpaste. I'm going to try the water swishing though. (I find tea is worse than coffee actually)

My teeth/gums are very sensitive. I cant even handle the suction and water spray. I got 6 teeth cleaned which required 4 injections? it sucks!

I've thought of using a straw for tea and coffee, it would take a bit of getting used too... Id also be swapping teeth stains for those pesky wrinkles you get when sucking through straws :wink:

Wrinkles from sucking through a straw? How hard are you sucking? Lol. Let's keep this thread clean :blush:

Have a look in the mirror next time your using a straw. I'm at that age when these these things start becoming a concern :(

Lol. Well you started it. And I don't use straws :smile:

Yes, yes i did. I should have known better :tongue:
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

I have that problem, with milkshakes but then again, doesn't practice; make perfect?

You've gotta suck harder with milkshakes otherwise it wont come out.

Unless I let it, melt a little 1st or I just need a wider straw!

The straw can only be so wide. But you're right, when it's warmer it's easier.

I also use the straw, like an ice pick; to break apart the clumps 1st. I consider it, an exercise lol!

How creative. That straw must be a decent size to do that.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Lol he's the 1, whom made it dirty!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I have that problem, with milkshakes but then again, doesn't practice; make perfect?

You've gotta suck harder with milkshakes otherwise it wont come out.

Unless I let it, melt a little 1st or I just need a wider straw!

The straw can only be so wide. But you're right, when it's warmer it's easier.

I also use the straw, like an ice pick; to break apart the clumps 1st. I consider it, an exercise lol!

How creative. That straw must be a decent size to do that.

No just strong enough!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

No ideas what you're talking about. You're the one talking about strong straws..
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

No ideas what you're talking about. You're the one talking about strong straws..

You're taking it out of context lol!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

You even added an exclamation mark to your previous statement about strength and you have the cheek to say I'm the dirty one.. Behave yourself :sunglasses:
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

You even added an exclamation mark to your previous statement about strength and you have the cheek to say I'm the dirty one.. Behave yourself :sunglasses:

That's just my MO, I am notorious for my excessive/inappropriate use of exclamation points, commas, semicolons & run on sentences!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

That's just my MO, I am notorious for my excessive/inappropriate use of exclamation points, commas, semicolons & run on sentences!

Lol, I've taken note of that.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I've always been exceptionally unique, to the point of annoyance; at 1st it was all natural but then I began to like it & thus increased my abnormalities, by choice!
  • BodyzLanguage
    edited August 2016
    Options

I've always been exceptionally unique, to the point of annoyance; at 1st it was all natural but then I began to like it & thus increased my abnormalities, by choice!

Unique in which way exactly?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

It began as holiday food preference. I dislike turkey, unless it's lunch meat; so I eat chicken for Thanksgiving. The same with ham, for Christmas; so I eat filet mignon instead. Easter's meatloaf & I dislike birthday cake, so I have tiramisu instead. I don't care for plain vanilla ice cream, can't stomach chocolate ice cream or even the vanilla, chocolate & strawberry combination, so I have Turkey Hill's Double Dunker. I'd also insist on having broccoli with cheese, during holiday meals; much to my Grandmother's anger because it isn't a traditional, holiday food.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I feel like i should step out of the room and give you two some privacy :wink:
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who use a straw. I find it too weird, but it seems effective.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I feel like i should step out of the room and give you two some privacy :wink:

I am not the jealous type, the more; the merrier!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

It began as holiday food preference. I dislike turkey, unless it's lunch meat; so I eat chicken for Thanksgiving. The same with ham, for Christmas; so I eat filet mignon instead. Easter's meatloaf & I dislike birthday cake, so I have tiramisu instead. I don't care for plain vanilla ice cream, can't stomach chocolate ice cream or even the vanilla, chocolate & strawberry combination, so I have Turkey Hill's Double Dunker. I'd also insist on having broccoli with cheese, during holiday meals; much to my Grandmother's anger because it isn't a traditional, holiday food.

I would've called you a special snowflake, however due to your non human trait of disliking birthday cake I'm undecided on what to call you.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I know a few people who use a straw. I find it too weird, but it seems effective.

I began using a straw, to drink hot coffee because otherwise, I'd burn my mouth; from being impatient & as I became use to it, it became a preference.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Yeah I'd imagine it would be effective. But drinking hot tea and coffee out of a straw.. I guess if we want to avoid stained teeth it would be the best option.
    I'll be extra vigilant with the water/coconut oil swishing, and do a light brush a few times throughout out the day and see what happens..

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Christine, I've accepted I'm never going to have movie star white teeth. Between coffee, tea, red wine, blueberries, cherries, etc etc. I do try to swish with water while eating/drinking these sorts of things. I have had minor success using Crest Diamond White toothpaste. Otherwise, I figure if I ever become SO perfect that teeth stained by yumminess is my biggest worry, I'll figure it out then :lol: