Would you date a woman who has kids and you do not?

Replies

• Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    I have a kid, but before I did, I did date a couple of women with kids. Depending on the circumstances, the guy can really play a role in your relationship even though he is an Ex. If he is active, then it is likely that he is going to stay active, I mean they have a kid together. And there maybe nothing that you can do about it, if he is a jerk, he might screw with her head and there is not much that you could do. You really have to judge for yourself. Every case is different. There were times I regretted it, and there were times it served a purpose. (I did not end up long-term with any of them.)
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Yep, I did. Actually on our second date I dated her and her kids. I dated her and her 2 children and we had a lot of fun We have been married over 20 years and I we all get along great -

That's sweet :) My boyfriend took me and my kids on our second date too (went to a family fun center) awesome guy and definitely a keeper... looks like your wife saw the same thing :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    My son is 31 and he can't seem to find a women without kids, he likes kids but said he would prefer to make his own, but would consider a widow. That way he wouldn't have the baby daddy syndrome.

And I am 29. The odds of finding a girl of a similar age that has never been married, no kids, AND compatible with me are very slim. Heck, even finding someone my age that isn't married is uncommon.

And I don't think a "baby daddy" is necessarily a bad thing. If the mother and father have a good relationship, it can work out very well. Especially if the father plays an active role. If he does, then I would expect to fill more of a role model position for the children involved rather than a parent and would want the mother and father to make the parental decisions. If the father isn't actively involved, then I would expect to take a limited parental role with deference to the mother.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    My son is 31 and he can't seem to find a women without kids, he likes kids but said he would prefer to make his own, but would consider a widow. That way he wouldn't have the baby daddy syndrome.

And I am 29. The odds of finding a girl of a similar age that has never been married, no kids, AND compatible with me are very slim. Heck, even finding someone my age that isn't married is uncommon.

And I don't think a "baby daddy" is necessarily a bad thing. If the mother and father have a good relationship, it can work out very well. Especially if the father plays an active role. If he does, then I would expect to fill more of a role model position for the children involved rather than a parent and would want the mother and father to make the parental decisions. If the father isn't actively involved, then I would expect to take a limited parental role with deference to the mother.

My "dad" was actually my step-dad and in some ways, that just made him that much better because he chose to be a dad and take on that responsibility.

Not saying step fathers/mothers are better overall...but in my case it was a great thing.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Yes, because I know she puts out.

LMAO..Beat me to it.

Do men really think that?
  • whierd

LMAO..Beat me to it.

No, we don't. I pretty much expect that any woman I am dating is going to put out, regardless of her having children.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Yes. When I was in my 20's it was a different story, but in my 30's, it's pretty common for someone to have children.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Yes, without question.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    I'm married, but we don't have kids. If I ended up in the dating pool again, I'd probably want to date only men with no kids or kids who are completely grown and COMPLETELY out of the house....and whose ex, is just that.

edited for a missing apostrophe.... :grumble:
  • PikaKnight

LMAO..Beat me to it.

No, we don't. I pretty much expect that any woman I am dating is going to put out, regardless of her having children.

Really dislike the gender generaIizing. Do some men think that? Yes. Do some women think that too? Yes. It's the individual, not the gender.
  • I grew up with a step mom. My dad was actually the one who took care of me. It was tough growing up with a step mom but as I got older I had so much respect for her. It was incredibly brave of her to marry a single man taking care of his 5yr old daughter on his own. She's awesome and I believe in "pay it forward" so I would absolutely date a great man with a child and be a great mother to his children and my step mom was for me.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    It all depends on the state of the previous relationships.

I'm thankful that my Dad (technically step-Dad) 27 years ago decided to marry my Mum who had me at an early age (I was 6 when they met). My Dad wasn't on the scene which made things easy for him, I guess. To this day I call him Dad (no step-dad business) & my kids call him Pa & to me he's my family regardless of blood.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    No. Cause I'm married. And generally don't date women And I don't like kids, generally.

I also wouldn't date a dude with kids cause again: Married and generally don't like kids

well this is for men but if women want to give input so be it

B-but the thread title just asks a question that can be answered by anyone of any gender. You didn't specify if the question was directed at just men or just women. But even if you did you'd still get answers from both because that is the way of the webernets. :flowerforyou:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    [/quote]
    My "dad" was actually my step-dad and in some ways, that just made him that much better because he chose to be a dad and take on that responsibility.

Not saying step fathers/mothers are better overall...but in my case it was a great thing.
    [/quote]

THIS also

Darn it, the quote didn't work :sad:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member

LMAO..Beat me to it.

Haha! Good for you
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Depends. .. How tall are they, and do they eat clean?
  • whierd

LMAO..Beat me to it.

Haha! Good for you

Well, wouldn't you expect that of a man?
  • Absolutely. I firmly believe that any man can be produce a child but it takes a strong man to be a strong man for his new ladies' child.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    No, because you don't just have to deal with the kids that don't belong to you, you also have to deal with the other parent of them. And it's never a nice relationship, and if you're dating someone who doesn't have full custody then you have to help pay for the child support if you ever decide to move in and start sharing bills. It's just a waste.

I consider a person broken and unfixable when they tell me they have kids. Male or female.
  • PikaKnight
    I would NOT recommend dating someone who is widowed. The person is forever deified (remembered by everyone who knew them as perfect, sainted people) That was my experience anyway. I'd deal with a crazy ex over that any day.

So widowed people don't deserve to find someone again? Wow. Harsh.