I'm a horrible person to date because....

Options

Replies

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Angela937 wrote: »
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I'll let my first day back on Tinder answer that one for me! :lol:

As an experiment, I set my age rating from 40 (I'm 42) upto anything and I swipe right on EVERY profile until I run out of likes. 24 hrs later and..........hehe!

wjpt1gronyb6.jpg

Why not go a bit younger? I'm 31 and would be perfectly willing to go out with someone who is upwards of 42.

The nature of dating sites is everybody wanting somebody at least ten years their junior - must be an ego thing. I think I must be the only person who goes for the 'five years either side of my own' approach. I'll be lucky if I match with anybody below the age of 50! :lol:

I don't care much for younger guys unless they are extremely mature. I married at 18 and had a baby by barely 20. That makes a person grow up quickly. I've lived through a lot of crap, and can't stand immature kids. I can barely stand guys my own age!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    1. If I’m interested in someone, I will give them plenty of attention and expect the same.
    2. I quickly jump to the conclusion of “he’s just not that into you” and I lose interest if my attention isn't reciprocated.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm married. But, a lot of people aren't "horrible to date". Just need to find the person (or people) you are complimentary with. And maybe a little therapy (since reading some of this thread). Hugs! Basically if I were dating right now the biggest barrier would be that I have a limited diet due to a malabsorption disorder. So, I would need to focus on non-food activities (things I can do without food being the focus). That's ok, just be creative and active. And I can't drink alcohol. But, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm fun and happy, and without alcohol I have better conversations anyway (in real life with people, mfp doesn't always have the most interesting conversation prompts). When I was younger I recall not having a good sense of direction being a potential issue, but luckily it was considered a cute idiosyncrasy. Also before my husband I had this "quirk" in which I was unable to sleep in a bed or room with any other person. I would stay until very early morning and finally just had to leave so I could actually sleep for a few hours before classes. People found this quirky about me, but again in a cute way. But, now I sleep best if my husband is there these past 18 years, and not as well if he isn't.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I overthink.
    Also I feel the need to be up front and honest about everything. Like I want to expose all my flaws too soon as a kind of "this is me, take it or leave it" kind of thing.
  • dahlia1015
    dahlia1015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Because I am a lot to handle and I wear my emotions on my sleeve.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I overthink.
    Also I feel the need to be up front and honest about everything. Like I want to expose all my flaws too soon as a kind of "this is me, take it or leave it" kind of thing.

: ( when someone's interested I tend to do that too. I think it's so that they cannot be the ones to point them out or use them against me later.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I like to drink and chances are you'll have to drive. *shrugs* That might not be too horrible but it might be for some. B)
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I overthink.

This is how I am. Hi...you might like me..BUT......make sure you know this..and this...and this....just in case before you really decide.... (that and the married thing make me bad to date, plus mfp people make me cry a lot so Im too sensitive)

I can be sensitive also. But, my husband tells me I am cute when I am feeling sensitive. So, that helps. Plus he just is very kind, supportive, and understanding. So it impacts me more than him. With all of these things, no one is "perfect", just need the compatibility to result in the good outweighing the "bad".
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I exceed expectations... need I say more?
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Because I have a very defensive personality and I'll punch you in the stomach if you hurt my feelings. (or throat, whatever's closest) :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I'm always worried I will type something that I think is completely innocuous and return to find people horrified and creating stories about how I must be mean or something. And I try so much to be polite.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately I am the opposite (not by choice but by fate) of what anyone, has and/or should say, that they desire; to have!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Because I have a very defensive personality and I'll punch you in the stomach if you hurt my feelings. (or throat, whatever's closest) :)

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I expect at least a follow up, whether it be "Hey lets hook up again!" or "Sorry, I don't think we click." Don't ghost me.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I am no longer accepting applications because there's no sense in beating, a dead horse!
  • FrothyGibblets
    FrothyGibblets Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »
    because im a giant. im 6'6" and 240lbs. it has its advantages for some ladies but others find it awkward...

Iktf...I'm 6'8/6'9 and currently just over 400lbs. I don't even get to the advantages lol.

I'm terrible to date because...
    I don't know how to
    I have major trust issues
    I'll never make a move or even show any real interest in a woman
    I'm convinced there's someone better than me out there for any woman I like.
    I'm quite obviously a little bit broken.

Threads like these are great in that regard though, you see that most people are just as messed up but in their own ways.

• stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »
    because im a giant. im 6'6" and 240lbs. it has its advantages for some ladies but others find it awkward...

Iktf...I'm 6'8/6'9 and currently just over 400lbs. I don't even get to the advantages lol.

I'm terrible to date because...
    I don't know how to
    I have major trust issues
    I'll never make a move or even show any real interest in a woman
    I'm convinced there's someone better than me out there for any woman I like.
    I'm quite obviously a little bit broken.

Threads like these are great in that regard though, you see that most people are just as messed up but in their own ways.

"Threads like these are great in that regard though, you see that most people are just as messed up but in their own ways."
    I felt the exact same way after reading through this thread. Everyone is a bit broken all for different reasons. The idea of working on confidence is great. Positive self talk is good. Meditation is great. I did a guided meditation for beginners for a week, then moved on to other guided meditations as I fall asleep. YouTube has lots of them. Don't get too cocky though. ;)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I get overly emotional about Michigan football. I couldn't sleep for days when they lost to MSU last year.