Glee's Cory Monteith, found dead in an Hotel Room

Options
RodSuarez
RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
It is being reported by CTV that this afternoon, Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead at the Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancover.

It is unclear at this time, but sources are speculating that it could be of any overdose.

An official announcement is expected at 10:30PST.

More details to come….

http://perezhilton.com/2013-07-14-cory-monteith-dead-glee#.UeI2s20pjYI

Replies

• julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I hope that's not true
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I hope that's not true
    it is =(

I am in shock, I just watched the Live stream of the Police report

http://perezhilton.com/2013-07-14-cory-monteith-dead-glee/?from=topstory_perezhilton#.UeI7NG0pjYI
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Why......unbelievable. So so horrible
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    So sad. RIP Cory....another young talent lost x
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Yup, I was reading it on global news, so young :frown:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I don't even know who that is but what a shame.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    :frown:
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    As a human being, I'm sorry he's dead, but honestly? He'd been using drugs and drinking heavily since his teens, he was in rehab recently - it's very easy to see that happening.

Also, in re: his talent - what talent? He read as very stiff, unnatural, awkward, on screen; his singing was subpar; his dancing was awful - not in a "my character can't dance, so this is intentional" kind of way, but in a "genuinely can't dance, has no rythm or coordination" kind of way.

I say this, not to degrade the dead, but because death does not make you perfect. It makes you dead. We should stop glamorizing the dead and glossing over their faults because of some primal fear of angry spirits or divine retribution.

My apologies if I've hijacked your post.
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    As a human being, I'm sorry he's dead, but honestly? He'd been using drugs and drinking heavily since his teens, he was in rehab recently - it's very easy to see that happening.

Also, in re: his talent - what talent? He read as very stiff, unnatural, awkward, on screen; his singing was subpar; his dancing was awful - not in a "my character can't dance, so this is intentional" kind of way, but in a "genuinely can't dance, has no rythm or coordination" kind of way.

I say this, not to degrade the dead, but because death does not make you perfect. It makes you dead. We should stop glamorizing the dead and glossing over their faults because of some primal fear of angry spirits or divine retribution.

my thoughts exactly.
  • RodSuarez
    Options

well, it is kind of rude but true

I enjoyed the show with its flaws, never liked his character but still. He was depressed, and I know how it feels.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Wow... Just....wow.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    So so sad :(
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly.

I agree, however it's still sad.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    im soo in shock about it! Finn was one of the main characters. I would never suspect any thing like this. He passed way too soon!
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options

my thoughts exactly.

I agree, however it's still sad.

I never said that it wasn't. The loss of any life is tragic and terrible, but my issue is with the unyielding, fanatical defence of his many virtues and unending skill when he really didn't have any and, honestly, the only change is his death.

I didn't intend to be rude, I didn't intend to make light of this situation, and I most certainly didn't intend to be a ****. I simply intended to speak my mind.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I never said that it wasn't. The loss of any life is tragic and terrible, but my issue is with the unyielding, fanatical defence of his many virtues and unending skill when he really didn't have any and, honestly, the only change is his death.

I didn't intend to be rude, I didn't intend to make light of this situation, and I most certainly didn't intend to be a ****. I simply intended to speak my mind.
    now that is REALLY rude.

Yes he lacked the talent, yet he inspired many kids who could identify with him (being awkward and untalented, it gives awkward untalented kids hope), plus I am sure you wouldn't do it any better and throwin **** at somebody isn't really nice.
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options

Geez relax..when anyone dies at such a young age its sad and tragic, I don't care who it is. And frankly booking a job in this town is not easy and he obviously had talent to get to where he was, it really doesn't just happen randomly like some people might think. He earned his keep and he was talented enough over thousands of other men who auditioned for his role. Drug addiction is horrible.

Such a negative response to someone dying.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

now that is REALLY rude.

Yes he lacked the talent, yet he inspired many kids who could identify with him (being awkward and untalented, it gives awkward untalented kids hope), plus I am sure you wouldn't do it any better and throwin **** at somebody isn't really nice.

^^^ this.
  • math1201
    math1201 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow! well that is sad news, putting a side if he is talented or not, it is sad that he had those kind of troubles and adictions.

I hope he rests in peace.
This discussion has been closed.