I'll be home for Christmas Challenge

Options
louann_jude
louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
I need to get motivated I had lost 86 pounds and because of lack of motivation and slacking I have gained about five pounds back. There is 123 days til Christmas day. I would really like to lose 19 pounds to hit the 100 pounds lost mark.

Another thing my exercise motivation has been shot. I was doing Cize but because of medical problems my dr said no jumping or lifting. Walking seems boring but with a challenge it may stick. I am from a small town in Kentucky but live in the Big city of Columbus Ohio, lol. I am 168 miles from home, from my family. So I plan on to challenge myself to walk 168 miles in the next 123 days. I know that doesn't seem like much but I am due to have surgery soon and I don't know when I will be allowed to begin my exercise again.

So those of you that live hours away from your home find out how many miles and break it up and walk home. Those that don't can join me and walk from Columbus Ohio to Inez Kentucky. Also there is 17 weeks left til Christmas and I challenge to lose 20 pounds. Weigh in's once a week on Tuesdays and walking will be daily miles. Who's in?

Replies

• louann_jude
    Options
    Current Weight 202.2
    Goal Weight 182

Miles to home 168
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 263 miles to walk. Virginia to NY. I'd like to lose 20lbs before then as well.

CW: 253
    GW: 233
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    We have a little Christmas group if either of you care to join, it was started earlier this year, but everybody was to choose their own goal and you would both fit right in! It's an open group, just post to join if you want, and good luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I am in!

Looking to spice up my exercise goals. It is +/- 6,716 km from my home in Luxembourg to Canada. So I will improvise on your formula.

If I turn the kms into minutes the formula is as follows:
    6716 minutes -/- by 123 days = 54 kilo-minutes of exercise each day!

Starting today. Or maybe tomorrow, lol.
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I walked two miles today. 166 miles to go.
  • jmacaroni
    Options
    Great job! 4 miles for me today, so 259 to go! I'm going to do some math tonight and figure out what my goal walks should be everyday
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine is 55 miles from where my family live. I will double it and aim for 110 miles which equates to a return journey...I shall work out how many miles a week I need to walk between now and Christmas...fantastic challenge - thanks ☺
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I had two gallbladder attacks last night. I did not want to do nothing but the miles wont go down if I don't. I got a mile in. It took an hour to walk with two toddlers but we had fun.

165 miles to go.
  • ecfuller24
    ecfuller24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try this too. It is 430 miles to where my mom is from. I consider it to be my second home. Here we go.
  • jmacaroni
    Options
    I had two gallbladder attacks last night. I did not want to do nothing but the miles wont go down if I don't. I got a mile in. It took an hour to walk with two toddlers but we had fun.

165 miles to go.

I give you credit. I don't think I would have still walked after that

• KareninLux
    Options
    25 Aug - 6716 - 76 minutes walking
    Remaining 6640
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I am debating on walking today or not. I had a cervical biopsy and I don't know if I should or not. I am not hurting at the moment but I also had a pain pill earlier.
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this challenge! Unfortunately 4,895 miles is not doable for me before X-mas. I wish you all good luck with reaching your goals. You can do it. :smile:
  • louann_jude
    Options
    @jvtchong you're welcome to join any way. You can walk the 168 miles with me or break yours down to minutes of exercise. 4,895 miles broke down in minutes is 81 1/2 hours. If you break that down to days til Christmas you have about 45 minutes a day.
  • jvtchong
    Options
    @louann_jude That's barely less daunting! haha. 45 Minutes a day is a bit more than I had planned, but why not...aim high right? :# (Glad I didn't use the km distance like @KareninLux!)

CW 123
    GW 115

Minutes to go: 4895
  • jvtchong
    Options
    First day: 60 mins - 4835 minutes to go
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I got two miles in this morning without kids.

163 miles to home
  • KareninLux
    Options
    jvtchong wrote: »
    @louann_jude That's barely less daunting! haha. 45 Minutes a day is a bit more than I had planned, but why not...aim high right? :# (Glad I didn't use the km distance like @KareninLux!)

CW 123
    GW 115

Minutes to go: 4895

Dang - never even occurred to me - been living with the metric system a long, long time!
  • KareninLux
    Options

26 Aug 6640 - 50 minutes circuit training/walking
    6590 kilo/mins remaining
  • jvtchong
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »

Dang - never even occurred to me - been living with the metric system a long, long time!

And I've been gone from Europe long enough to forget! :smiley:

Day 2: 4835 left - 60 min today = 4775 to go

I'm officially on vacation and tipsy. So excuse the erratic posting the next few days!