What do you enjoy about early morning workouts?

Options
13»

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I take some classes in the mornings because it fits my scheduler better, but I'd much rather exercise in the evenings. I've always been a night owl.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Well....I have goals set for myself, so that's what motivates me to wake up early. I'm more of a day person in general and don't have the energy or desire to workout after a full day at the office, so getting out of the way first thing is best. Also there are no excuses not to exercise. Nothing else is happening at 5am, so nothing is interrupting me. It also gives me energy for the day.

The pluses for 5am workouts are plenty for me, but I do have the rare day where the alarm goes off and I'm just too tired to get out of bed. I don't give myself a pass very often, but once in a while that extra hour of sleep is necessary.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Those of you who do early morning workouts - what time do you go to bed??

I try to go to bed at 11pm, wake up at 6am. I'm an absolute night owl, but my schedule doesn't allow it, so I make myself go to sleep at what feels like the middle of the day.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love my morning workouts because I am showered and at work by 7:30am and when the day is done, I am done. I could never, ever imagine working out HARD later in the day. I have lots & lots of energy at 6am!

I also feel very energized, eager to take on the day - so much energy from morning workouts!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My peak exercise time is around 10-11 but unfortunately I'm at work at that time.
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The fresh cool air flowing through ones lungs of an early morning. Sensation seems to be amplified if one brushes their teeth right before their run.
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Myki3012 wrote: »
    The fresh cool air flowing through ones lungs of an early morning. Sensation seems to be amplified if one brushes their teeth right before their run.

This
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What do i like about early morning workouts? Nothing! It's not as if i hate getting up early, i naturally wake up at 5-5:30 every day. My legs just refuse to work properly until 9-10am.
  • 13kayfoster
    13kayfoster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do exercise in the park in the (very) early mornings with a personal trainer and a small group of people. It helps energise me for the rest of the day. Also in summer time it is actually possible to exercise at those hours outside without feeling like you are going to die because of the heat. The disadvantage is that it is hard to get up that early in winter.
  • saintshoc
    saintshoc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Holidays and a Saturday morning outside of the hockey season are when I do early morning workouts. I find it really invigorating and also when in the zone a great way to focus my mind.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I generally struggle to wake up to do workouts in the morning, but when I do I find I usually have much more energy during the day :smile:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I aim to exercise, at least an hour daily. However I don't have the energy to do that once a day often, therefore I typically have to exercise 2 ~ 4 times; depending upon the exercise, level, resistance, weather, etc.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i like the fact that it's out of the way and i can relax the rest of the day. also , i don't get so hot when i run in the mornings.
  • lc63
    lc63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel very productive after a morning workout. It gives you good motivation for the day, gets the endorphins going and sets you up for a good day. I get to work and enjoy breakfast more than on the days I dont workout in the morning and feel like I have really earned it.

I also find that things just get in the way of my evening workouts and would definitely miss more and make excuses not to go. I definitely wouldn't consistently get my 4 workouts in if I was to leave them all til evening after work time.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the solitude of the early morning about an hour before sunrise.
    It clears my mind and sets the pace for a productive day.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It helps fix my mood for the day, I prefer to work on an empty/light stomach and I look forward to breakfast more!
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This may all be on my head but if I've started my day with a workout, I feel more inclined to eat healthy. If after lunch, I'm tempted by a sugary snack, I will think..'no! I don't want my workout this morning to be a waste' But if I'm working out tonight, I'll be more likely to tell myself..'one won't hurt, I'll work it off later'. Silly, I know but it's just the way my mind works.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Those of you who do early morning workouts - what time do you go to bed??

Up at 4:15 AM, bed 10 PM (rarely take more than 1-2 minutes to fall asleep).
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    May I ask.....do you have coffee first? lol I'm not a morning person and it sounds like it sets a nice tone for the day....but I am pretty reliant on coffee first before functioning...

Nope, hate coffee and seldom drink anything with caffeine in it.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm out of the door with my bike at 5:30 twice on weekdays. Where I ride is quite busy so I try to finish by 8 to avoid the morning traffic.