Did green tea help you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Green tea tastes like dirty grass. Even though i hate the stuff, if there was an inkling of truth to green tea = weight loss, I'd be chugging it down all day long. But alas, green tea is just... tea, nothing more.
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    different things work for different people, that not so special combo that i listed has got me down to 6% body fat at 190 lbs i think its kind of special, thats what works for me
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    What do you do with all those powders - snort them?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    rollerjog wrote: »
    different things work for different people, that not so special combo that i listed has got me down to 6% body fat at 190 lbs i think its kind of special, thats what works for me

Different things working for different people, but that doesn't change science, and green tea does not = weight loss.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea helps me stay in a deficit because it gives my mouth something to do and the liquid keeps me full.
  • rollerjog
    Options
    im not talking about green that you drink im talking about green tea extract powder
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    im not talking about green that you drink im talking about green tea extract powder

It still doesn't = weight loss directly. It has caffeine and gives you pep, and its got antioxidants and all, but there is nothing in green tea extract or powder which directly causes weight loss.

I don't understand why people insist on believing in these supplements. Isn't it a GOOD thing to know that YOU achieved what you've achieved, and it wasn't some supplement doing the work?
  • rollerjog
    Options
    so what dose science have to say about green tea extract do you have any article on hand i would like to know what they have to say about it
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    so what dose science have to say about green tea extract do you have any article on hand i would like to know what they have to say about it

If this worked, there would be no obesity. Right?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Be prepared.. you're about to get an influx of green tea studies thrown at you :smile: I don't have any on hand (ok i'm too lazy to search for them) to show you.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

You're a female at 6% body fat and 190lbs? How tall are you?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Concentrated green tea supplements are being looked at as a cause of liver failure. Not saying it does cause it, but do keep an ear/eye out and get regular physicals.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Any success stories?

Nope. A calorie deficit helped me to lose weight.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    you guys and gals are talking about green tea that you drink, , has any one used Green Tea Extract Powder, i use a combo of green tea extract powder, caffeine powder l- theanine powder, synphrine powder, thats what works for me to give me a boost

Still....no magic going on. If it gives you a boost, you are probably more energetic and moving more, which can create a calorie deficit. Any caffeine in and of itself would not cause weight loss either.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

No it didn't, because it has not magic to it.

Are you a guy who is 6% fat at 190 pounds? Or, a gal?

No offense, but I have a hard time comprehending that either one is possible.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

It says "rollerjog has chosen to keep her profile private".

You'd think she would want to show off some pictures of this incredible physique that green tea extract has given her. I can only presume that she's a 6' bodybuilder or something. ;)
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I noticed I was down 15 pounds in approx. 6 months after switching from my daily venti latte to multiple unsweetened iced green teas throughout the day from Starbucks! I was still super inactive and nothing else changed. I don't attribute it to green tea being magical (besides magically refreshing) but that it has 0 calories and I was unknowingly in a deficit by cutting out 400-500 calories a day :)

Drink the tea if you like it (for me, it is refreshing!) but don't expect any miracles.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

You are not exempt from the laws of physics. No one is.

I repeat myself by saying: there is no magical substance. CICO is what gave you the results you are claiming. Six percent body fat at 190. So there was no diet and exercise involved?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

It says "rollerjog has chosen to keep her profile private".

You'd think she would want to show off some pictures of this incredible physique that green tea extract has given her. I can only presume that she's a 6' bodybuilder or something. ;)

A woman under 11% is dangerously unhealthy. Most competitive female body builders are around 14% I believe, which is incredibly lean on a female.