Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What makes you a horrible MFP friend?

Replies

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    1) I use endearments all the time.
    2) My diary is private.
    3) I can go from uncommunicative to having verbal diarrhoea and back again, for months on end.
    4) I'd rather talk about your pets than your children.
    5) I'll get tipsy and post links to super sappy love songs.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    I used to be okay at it, but then I got in the unshakable funk. Now I don't comment or spread love or log *kitten* even though I dig everyone on my list and think they're all absolute rockstars. Trying to work my way back.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    I don't log my food, and I ask for boobie pics.

and i may send out unsolicited c*ck pics.....
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    -Logging is too much effort these days
    -The only posts from me are when I write a new blog, which is usually depressing word vomit about my workouts sucking and all the things wrong with my body
    -I got rid of all my sexy swimsuit pics a while ago, and there's no retaking them because my body just ain't that phat anymore
    -My husband is my only friend, and I can't be bothered to tell him good job about anything despite MFP prompting me to
  • ralfprz
    ralfprz Posts: 2 Member
    I didnt even know you can have friends, 1 month in and have lost 12 pds of pure fat. Love the app and its more addicting than social media, i cant wait to workout and lose more cals, or have that super tasty low calorie meal to fit within my calorific count. But if theres a forum someone can refer me to where you can find people that push/otivate each other that would be awesome!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member

If you don't interact with me I will feel bad about cutting you so I probably won't for awhile cuz I'm too sensitive

I care about people so I will remember what you write in your updates and probably wonder about you at some point and hope you are ok if you are going thru troubles ....that's annoying to people who usually don't give a crap

^^ Same!

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I am an awful friend because I write stuff in my status updates most mornings about my life and stuff and talk about coffee

If you don't interact with me I will feel bad about cutting you so I probably won't for awhile cuz I'm too sensitive

I care about people so I will remember what you write in your updates and probably wonder about you at some point and hope you are ok if you are going thru troubles ....that's annoying to people who usually don't give a crap

@LiftingLady5 reminds me of something that happened to me when I first starting using this site 2 years ago. I came across a guy in the formus who was from my hometown (didn't live there anymore) and my 'hood is tiny so I thought it was pretty cool. We added each other as friends and would talk from time to time, but I didn't utilize the site so much back then - other than logging my food in and the occasional visit to the General Diet Questions section of the forums. I went to message him one day because I ran into someone in town that knew him and I saw that he removed me from his friends list. So, me being the obnoxious person I am, messaged him and asked him why and he told me that he had to remove me because I never posted to his wall. I was like "WTF?!"

At the time, I was a newbie and didn't really use the site as a social networking tool, and really only used it to help me lose weight and get information on diet, nutrition, etc.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I want to give out a warning to some of the ones who friend request me....I'm not as cool as you think I am.

Reasons why I'm not a good Pal:

-I suck at the wall love thing. I don't have enough synonyms for "Sweets", "Babe", "Sugar", and "Hun" in my vocabulary
    -I don't post Hump Day booty pics
    -I don't regularly log my meals, and if I do, the diary is on private. Because I don't want you seeing I ate cookie butter by the spoonful
    -Some of my posts aren't fitness related
    -I may offend some with random bouts of cursing (Disclaimer is clearly in my profile though)

What makes you a crappy MFP friend?

Totally these and I have a several of my own.

- I have a potty mouth
    - I rarely post fitness related things (oh wait...I never do)
    - If you post an asspic as your profile on Wednesday I will more than likely delete you, unless you've wowed me in some way.
    - lastly, not everyone understands or cares for my sarcasm *shrugs*
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    I disappear for a few days when I get busy
    Make sarcastic remarks whenever I feel like it
    Hardly ever log my food
    Workout and don't tell anybody about it.
    Hardly ever write statuses

But I do post Flex Friday pics every once in a while, so I've got that going for me.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    I don't really read most status updates. But get a little annoyed when I only get one like when I exercise.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Most of ye sound like great MFP friends actually :D
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    I can't remember the last time I logged a meal
    I make up stupid names for my exercises
    I'm overly sarcastic and can be blunt
    I delete people frequently because I get annoyed very easily
    I make up nicknames for people because I can't be bothered learning their real name
    I'm really not a good MFPal
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    I don't speak to any of my friends and barely like any of their stuff. I also haven't responded to any messages since day 2 but that's mostly because half of my message were from the same weird dude trying to hit on me at 3am.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    • i swear like a sailor
    • i dont like diary entries
    • i rarely like days logged, unless its truly an amazing number
    • i wont go to your wall and read it
    • if whatever you post isnt at the top of my feed, its unlikely ill ever see it (i have one friend i make an exception for, cause hes funny as *kitten*)
    • ill never remember your real name
    • ill never care about your real name
    • i dont post much usually, and it may or may not be diet or fitness related
    • if i dont like how you do things, ill unfriend you
    • then ill talk about you
    • if you irritate me, ill unfriend you
    • then ill talk about you
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Not one damn thing . Just ask me I'll tell you so! I like most posts from friends I even comment from time to time. Life's busy so this place and some of its people allow a certain kind of release that's therapeutic in result.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    I "friend" people and then never pursue a friendship. I'm a horrible conversation starter..:(
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    I bet no one on this thread will friend me now lololol
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    I am an awful friend because I write stuff in my status updates most mornings about my life and stuff and talk about coffee

@LiftingLady5 reminds me of something that happened to me when I first starting using this site 2 years ago. I came across a guy in the formus who was from my hometown (didn't live there anymore) and my 'hood is tiny so I thought it was pretty cool. We added each other as friends and would talk from time to time, but I didn't utilize the site so much back then - other than logging my food in and the occasional visit to the General Diet Questions section of the forums. I went to message him one day because I ran into someone in town that knew him and I saw that he removed me from his friends list. So, me being the obnoxious person I am, messaged him and asked him why and he told me that he had to remove me because I never posted to his wall. I was like "WTF?!"

At the time, I was a newbie and didn't really use the site as a social networking tool, and really only used it to help me lose weight and get information on diet, nutrition, etc.
    lol at someone "requiring "you comment their wall as a requirement of being his "friend"

• AskTracyAnnK28
    edited August 2016
    rebel_26 wrote: »

lol at someone "requiring "you comment their wall as a requirement of being his "friend"

Most of his posts were "NP..." and then a link to a song. Like I give a *kitten* what someone is listening to?

Which makes me a bad MFP friend because I don't care about your playlist. And I will hide your "TMI" posts.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Well I think you're a great MFP friend, but then I like your list so....

-I don't post booty pics, those are reserved for the specials ;)
    -I post songs you probably won't like daily.
    - I am clumsy and post things I meant to put elsewhere.
    - I'm odd.
    - I won't send you noodz just because you compliment me.
    - I forget important details sometimes, like your name.

Shoot, I might be a bad MFP friend because I don't know what most of that means lol. I didn't know about the booty pictures...nobody wants to see mine....ummm thats why I am here. I have no idea what noodz are lol