Lean cuisine

Options
13»

Replies

• Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken carbonara ones, but Stouffer's mac and cheese is even better! Yum!

I used to be a huge fan of the stouffer's mac and cheese. I can't even look at them now because of all the calories.

But I love the pesto chicken with rigatoni. It's under 500 calories but I can still fit in my goals.

They changed the stouffer's mac and cheese (in Canada at least) so it is only 420 calories now (was over 500 in the past - so much cheesier then!!)

It's about 700 calories for the entire package :( When I think of how liberal my food choices used to be the weight gain makes so much sense.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy their bbq chicken and cheesy potato one, it's always been my fave since they came out with it, I try and have 5 or 6 on hand at all times In case I'm just not feeling like cooking lol
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    you know I used to eat these all the time, then stopped when I started watching what I ate.
    Mondays and Wednesdays I tend to eat cereal or an omlette for dinner because my son has soccer and by the time we are home it is after 8 PM and I dont feel like eating or cooking.
    These would be a great idea instead with some frozen veg and the costco grilled chicken strips...

Don't know WHY I didn't think of this before!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    you know I used to eat these all the time, then stopped when I started watching what I ate.
    Mondays and Wednesdays I tend to eat cereal or an omlette for dinner because my son has soccer and by the time we are home it is after 8 PM and I dont feel like eating or cooking.
    These would be a great idea instead with some frozen veg and the costco grilled chicken strips...

Don't know WHY I didn't think of this before!

I have a similar situation where my kids have activities and there are nights where I'm eating late by myself since I fed them before practice. I also get those skillet meals quite often - Bertolli makes good Italian ones and PF Changs has some great Asian ones. I make the skillet meal for myself and eat half of it that night and package up the rest for lunch the next day. Again with a salad or some extra veg or extra chicken they are a perfect sized meal. Those take about 10 minutes so I can put that on while I am outside with the dog or something.

I know a lot of people turn their noses up at frozen foods, but for me, even though I love to cook, I just can't pass up the convenience on busy nights.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I like LC but they're expensive where I am [2 for $9], so I only get them when they're on sale :/
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'd try them myself, but I'm on a sodium and potassium restrictive diet, and all of them are very high in both [900mg sodium, 950mg potassium for a small 185 calorie meal? No thanks].

There's always a price for convenience.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like LC but they're expensive where I am [2 for $9], so I only get them when they're on sale :/

Ouch :( they are usually on sale at my grocery store 2 for $5.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I feel like pizza, reach for LC. Great with a tossed salad and sometimes I add veggies on top.