How to stay on track when your SO doesn't want to eat like you.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    I actually have the exact opposite scenario. My wife (who wants to lose weight) DOES eat like me.. the problem is that I'm 6ft6 and around 200 pounds, and she's using my 1500 cal per day limit as her own, then can't figure out why she's not losing weight. She refuses to use the app though. I guess the moral of the story is, you can't control anything that other ppl do. I just stick to my logging and exercise and let her do her own thing.

Not sure how tall your wife is, but I'm 5'3" and lose weight fine eating 1500. It's because she's not logging, as you say she refuses to use the app, not because of her eating 1500 calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    I actually have the exact opposite scenario. My wife (who wants to lose weight) DOES eat like me.. the problem is that I'm 6ft6 and around 200 pounds, and she's using my 1500 cal per day limit as her own, then can't figure out why she's not losing weight. She refuses to use the app though. I guess the moral of the story is, you can't control anything that other ppl do. I just stick to my logging and exercise and let her do her own thing.

A male of your height and weight should be eating more than 1500. The minimum recommended for men on weight loss is 1800 I believe. I'm 5'7" and I've lost 147 lbs eating at 1700 for 2 years.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have this issue with breakfast.

I need more meat in the morning than he does. Carbs make me sluggish and hungry. He needs carbs and meat doesn't help him get up. He says he wants donuts and stuff, which I WILL NOT keep in the house on a regular basis.

So compromise. If he wants some of my eggs I get him some, but I put a bagel, croissant, or English muffin on his plate to get him his carbs.