Does anyone forgo breakfast?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    As long as you are still eating a deficit for the day, what does it matter whether you eat more at lunch because you skipped breakfast?

It absolutely doesn't matter if you are making up for a missed meal in another meal, but the point is you're losing the energy you need in the morning by skipping those nutrients!

umm no ...

Again, I skipped breakfast for 8 months and had no issues with energy...I actually found that I had more energy when weight training fasted.....

That's YOUR body though.. everyone is different.

no, that is everyone who does some form of IF/Lean gains as well...they all train fasted as that is the protocol....so its not just "my body" its thousands of other people who do IF....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    As long as you are still eating a deficit for the day, what does it matter whether you eat more at lunch because you skipped breakfast?

It absolutely doesn't matter if you are making up for a missed meal in another meal, but the point is you're losing the energy you need in the morning by skipping those nutrients!

umm no ...

Again, I skipped breakfast for 8 months and had no issues with energy...I actually found that I had more energy when weight training fasted.....

That's YOUR body though.. everyone is different.

First bolded statement: How do you know?
    Second bolded statement: Yes, you are correct. So take your own advice and stop trying to tell peeps if they miss breakfast they are gonna be in "big trouble, mister".

The derp floweth forth on this thread.:noway:

I did not tell anyone they would be "in big trouble" I've just read articles on this and how eating breakfast contributes energy needed for the body. I'm sorry.. It kind of makes me sad that these forums should be supportive since we are all here for the same reason, however it's usually nothing but people attacking other people and what they say. I'm entitled to my opinion and I stand by it, like the rest of you.

no one is attacking you ...you stated that breakfast has something to do with metabolism which is not accurate so we are correcting what you said.

As far as "breakfast being the most important meal of the day" that is debatable and we are debating...and debating, by its very nature, is arguing...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER skip breakfast. Most important meal of the day. Even if you grab a yogurt with some fresh fruit.
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to not eat breakfast because I thought I would lose weight more quickly... But now I have been eating breakfast at 9am everyday and I always have low fat milk, Whole-Grain cereals and an apple. That's a lot and I'm not really hungry till 1pm.
    Now that I have summer holidays and for the past 3 weeks I have been getting up really late ( around 2pm-3pm ) and not eating breakfast, I did not lose any weight but actually gained 3 pounds
  • ndj1979
    Options
    NEVER EVER skip breakfast. Most important meal of the day. Even if you grab a yogurt with some fresh fruit.

why?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I used to not eat breakfast because I thought I would lose weight more quickly... But now I have been eating breakfast at 9am everyday and I always have low fat milk, Whole-Grain cereals and an apple. That's a lot and I'm not really hungry till 1pm.
    Now that I have summer holidays and for the past 3 weeks I have been getting up really late ( around 2pm-3pm ) and not eating breakfast, I did not lose any weight but actually gained 3 pounds

breakfast has nothing to do with gaining/losing weight....

how many calories you eat per day is what impacts weight gain/loss; eat in a surplus, you gain weight; eat in a deficit, you lose weight.
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    I've been the same way since I was young, just can't really tolerate food in my stomach nor do I get hungry in the morning which is really a guilt trip since "breakfast IS the most important meal of the day". People just don't get it and I don't think doctors are always right because everyone is different. However, I am trying to eat a banana or an apple in the morning.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have breakfast; on some days it's my biggest meal of the day
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    I never eat before 4 pm and sometimes not until 6 or 7. I have more energy throughout the day if I don't eat breakfast or lunch. Also, having all my calories at night allows me to eat large and, basically, deprive myself of nothing. I go to bed full and satisfied every night and sleep like a baby.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry.....
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I do leangains intermittent fasting. I only eat between 12pm-8pm, I do this 5-7 days/week. Good thing my body doesn't know about this "breakfast is the most important meal, or your metabolism will slow down nonsense"

This is me as well-break my fast at 11am and wrap up my eating window by 7pm. Works well for me.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm a night person, I am just not hungry in the morning. Once I tried to force myself to eat in the mornings... I just craved and ate junk food all day long, it messed me up. I'd feel awful all day. Now I eat when I get hungry, it just makes sense. I don't crave bad foods anymore, I have more energy throughout the day, and I eat mostly when I get home, where it's easier to make healthy meals.

There is no reason for breakfast to be the most important meal of the day, in fact in most countries, breakfast almost doesn't exist, it's a very north american concept, probably driven by the cereal and pop tart industry (cue the conspiracy theories lol).
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Really? cause skipping breakfast has not hurt me in any way. Oh wait....I'm a special snowflake :laugh:

The most important meal of the day...........does not exist. The most important thing to remember here is that everyone responds differently to different things. Most important to you, less important to me.