Peeps that take supplements

Options
13»

Replies

• rosiesshire
    rosiesshire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take a pile... Maca powder, L-arganine, ginseng, multivitamin, red clover, dhea & magnesium oil plus I grow a bunch of medicinal herbs in my garden that I cook up into a stirfry... I have bad peri menopause but all of the above have pretty much wiped out my symptoms and I have much more energy when I exercise.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

Just started taking the creatine to see if it makes any difference in recovery/workouts and/or muscle growth. Going to try it for 3 months and then reassess the need for it.

Creatine won't really do either of those things. It increases ATP synthesis which leads to increased power output in short bursts (i.e. strength).
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    at the moment I take:

BCAA
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    ZMA + magna Redz (pretty much magnesium)
    whey (vegan type)

When I remember I take a multi.

When I was on prep I was prescribed 24 different supps and of those I took 22 (2 I just thought were redundant such as fibre - I always am above my fibre goals and I crap 2-3 times per day so don't need any help in that department LOL, and I can't remember what the other one was now. )

I thought that 22 different supps were WAY too many TBH.

oh yeah - extremely occasionally I take beta-alanine pre workout - only if I'm feeling really tired though or for some reason am doing two workouts in a day. Very rare.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Just started taking the creatine to see if it makes any difference in recovery/workouts and/or muscle growth. Going to try it for 3 months and then reassess the need for it.

Creatine won't really do either of those things. It increases ATP synthesis which leads to increased power output in short bursts (i.e. strength).

Well, I've read that it supposedly increases energy and strength in lifting which in turn is supposed to contribute to increased muscle development. Obviously, if that doesn't happen for me, I'll just stop using it.

Only paid $12 for a 3 month supply of the stuff. So, it wasn't big investment. Just an experiment. Already think it's giving me headaches, which may be enough reason to just stop taking it anyway.

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ON serious mass gainer
    MHP up your mass gainer
    ON hydro whey
    Cobra Labs Shadow X pre workout
    Controlled labs Orange Triad multi
    Con cret creatine
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    One tablet contains: D3,E,C,B1,B2,B3,B6,Folic Acid, B12, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Iodine, Chromium, Selenium
    I take Glucosamine, Flaxseed Oil (Omegas) and additional B12 and D3.

Not sure I need it all.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Well, I've read that it supposedly increases energy and strength in lifting which in turn is supposed to contribute to increased muscle development. Obviously, if that doesn't happen for me, I'll just stop using it.

Only paid $12 for a 3 month supply of the stuff. So, it wasn't big investment. Just an experiment. Already think it's giving me headaches, which may be enough reason to just stop taking it anyway.

Creatine will increase your capacity to lift more weight, which can, in turn, increase your ability to train for hypertrophy.

Creatine is the most well-researched and effective supplement out there. And it's cheap. There's little reason not to keep taking it.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options

If you are getting headaches that could be due to dehydration; when supplementing with creatine it's recommended that you increase your water intake as well.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I keep Whey Isolate to add to shakes, pancakes, and home made protein bars.

I take a Bariatric multivitamin for known malabsorption issues. I take extra B12, D and Iron because I am low.

I figure all women of childbearing age should take Folic acid to prevent a known birth defect.

And Black Cohosh to reduce hot flashes.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Whey protein, hemp protein, vitamin D, calcium, CoQ10 (I take statins), multivitamin with iron, fish oil, and wheat grass tablets.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I don't think peeps would make a good supplement. They are nothing but sugar. :)

wxyc27acl3tq.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    After talking with my doctor, I take Vitamin D, Calcium, and B12.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I keep Whey Isolate to add to shakes, pancakes, and home made protein bars.

I take a Bariatric multivitamin for known malabsorption issues. I take extra B12, D and Iron because I am low.

I figure all women of childbearing age should take Folic acid to prevent a known birth defect.

And Black Cohosh to reduce hot flashes.

I am 'of childbearing age', but have no intention of bearing a child
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I don't think peeps would make a good supplement. They are nothing but sugar. :)

wxyc27acl3tq.jpg

I was going to be disappoint if this had not made an appearance yet.

I've stopped all supplements except for a protein shake. I skip breakfast, so it helps me hit my protein goal for the day.