Who eats eggs every day??

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Hi all

I've been an egg whites only person for years, probably due to a misplaced desire to minimise fat and calories when I was a young adult female!

My 11yo son made me eggs on toast after swimming training a few weeks ago, and my love of whole eggs was restored lol.

I have read lots about the benefits of eating eggs regularly, even daily, and am curious about anyone who has seen benefits.

I don't want this to be a thread about the cholesterol debate, but keen to hear from anyone who eats eggs frequently and if they've seen health benefits.

My personal goals are to improve my competitive swimming and general health. I eat a pretty clean diet now, and if it's relevant I am 45 years old, 164cm and about 50kg. I swim 4-5 times a week, averaging about 2.5km per session, and am just starting to get back into running and strength training.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    6 eggs every single day - one of my major sources of fat and it is simple to mix it up. Scrambled, fried, omelettes, quiches and the list goes one.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Eggs every weekday for breakfast, and at least once on the weekend. Occasionally I will also have "breakfast" for lunch or dinner. Love eggs :)
  • AudreyHaven
    AudreyHaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too and have one every morning as part of my breakfast. The benefit is that the protein keeps me feeling fuller, as opposed to having a bowl of sugary cereal.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a lot of eggs, normally 5-6 times a week and I eat whole eggs boiled, scrambled 2 whole and 1 white or just 2 whole. No adverse health issues.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat two eggs a day.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat one whole egg a day and six egg whites for my afternoon snack. Love them!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Six egg quiche for dinner tonight. The benefit is a neatly packaged protein and a few fat soluble vitamins. That's it. As a creative cook, I find eggs amazing.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    2-3 whole eggs per day. Boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, or over medium. If we go out for Mexican I get huevos con chorizo. Love my eggs. Have always eaten regular whole eggs rather than whites only or adding extra egg whites.

In fact, a couple of weeks ago I happened upon a carton of "Double Yolkers" eggs and got them out of curiosity more than anything. Some were doubles and some just had really big yolks.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I love, love eggs...eat them nearly every day....you can check my diary....it is the most perfect complete protein. Also one of the few foods that has sulfur in it (the yolk).
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a histamine reaction if I eat too much egg white. Those double yoke eggs sound good. I usually get ones that have omega 3 in them from feeding the chickens flax seed.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 whole eggs at breakfast this week. In prior weeks I had 1 whole egg. I have breakfast every day of the week. I've noticed a health effect: I didn't die. My father had the same breakfast of whole eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee every morning. He fell down dead at 85. YMMV.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs almost every day as well.
    @jemhh I had a whole carton of double yolks last week too! Best scrambled eggs ever!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I add 2 whole raw eggs to my protein shakes each day. Gives me a super protein boost every morning.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    2-3 whole eggs per day. Boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, or over medium. If we go out for Mexican I get huevos con chorizo. Love my eggs. Have always eaten regular whole eggs rather than whites only or adding extra egg whites.

In fact, a couple of weeks ago I happened upon a carton of "Double Yolkers" eggs and got them out of curiosity more than anything. Some were doubles and some just had really big yolks.

Ha. I hate double yolks. It totally throws off my calorie count.
  • alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love eggs, I sometimes have 10-12 a day if am following strict low carbs, I've heard of people having over 20! Ironic thing is, I used to HATE eggs as a kid!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    2-5 whole eggs, 5-7 days a week.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    *cough* My cholesterol went down after adding one or two egg yolks a day.

Oh, c'mon. I had to! :)
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette daily. Need the protein given my exercise regimen (including lots of swimming as well).
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    4 hard boiled whites every day.

I want to eat more yolks though. Been avoiding them just on pure here say around raising cholesterol. Would 1-2 a day not be too bad?
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 - 2 full eggs about 6 days per week.

- Hard-boiled (sliced and sprinkled with seasonings with rye toast and a serving of fruit or sliced on top of avocado toast)

- Scrambled (usually with homemade hash browns and fruit or in a breakfast burritto)

- Sunny side up (in a sandwich or an english muffin)

I also eat them when I make homemade crepes, pancakes and waffles, omelettes, french toast, huevos rancheros, frittata's, quiche, fried rice etc.

My friend has chickens and I get 18 fresh eggs from him every week. It's great! :)