Whats your primary goal on mfp?

Options
Everyone's goals are different. Share yours! What is the main thing you hope to get out of mfp and what is your end goal?

Is it weight related...
To reach your goal weight? To get your weight within a healthy range?

Health related...
To help your labs come back normal? To improve illnesses you are dealing with? To lower risk for disease?

Appearance/body image related...
To look how you want? To fit into size x? To feel more confident in your skin?

Habit or reassurance related...
To form new eating or exercise habits? To make sure you're incorporating a variety of foods? To ensure you're getting enough nutrition? To monitor your exercise so you know you're on schedule for training for that upcoming race/competition? To make sure you're maintaining your weight?

Or something else?

What's your primary goal?

And once you reach your goal, do you plan to continue tracking everything on mfp?

Replies

• Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My goal is primarily maintenance. I like where I'm at, and I want to stay where I'm at. I am a creature of habit, and I want to ensure that the habits I have are habits that benefit my health and appearance. This site makes it quite easy to track your progress, so hopefully it'll help me adhere to my weight, exercise, and nutrient goals - it's mostly the latter that I'm concerned about keeping tabs on (the quantity of my calories isn't really issue, but when it comes to quality, well...let's just say sugar is the bane of my existence).
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Primarily my goal is to be more fit. Weight loss was a side effect of that for me. Almost ready to transition into maintenance and recomposition. I've been prepping for it by eating at my maintenance according to MFP for the last 2 months while working on Strong Curves. I will have to find my true maintenance calories in the next few weeks/months once I hit my goal weight. By then I hope to be starting the advanced Strong Curves program :)

No matter what though, I will be a lifer I think. I suck at portion sizing by eye. And the act of logging daily helps me to figure out so much of my intake. And helps me reach my nutritional goals.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I want to get to a healthy weight and maintain. I would prefer to be in the middle of the healthy weight range.
    I want to improve my basic fitness but don't aspire to do races, have a certain body fat, etc. I want to be able to do the things I want to do as I age.
    I don't care if I ever wear a bikini. I feel fine with myself even overweight.
    I am lowering my sodium intake and the food log is handy for that.
    I'll probably keep logging after I get to my goal weight. It is a habit now.
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to lose weight and feel better. I'm young so I don't have any weight related diseases yet but I have heart disease and diabetes in my family so I want to avoid that in future.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Definitely to learn portion control!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My primary goal was to reach a healthy weight for my height, have better mobility, and lessen cravings. My initial strategy was getting a better structure to my eating and challenge dogmatic food rules, which morphed into finding food peace, a passion for cooking, and the joy of eating, which had the pleasant side effect of effortless weight management.

I've been in maintenance for 22 months now, I don't track anymore (I log in a spreadsheet, because I meal plan), but I enjoy reading and discussing here and don't plan on leaving :p
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maintenance. Dealing with some health issues that cause diet restrictions. To stay motivated and keep up with my fitness and be healthy and fit and dancing. Been on mfp for over four years.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Bulk and cut, share pointers, learn and discuss new studies, play in the forums, and have a laugh
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cut and bulk, run a faster mile! Meeting a goal prompts a new goal! MFP helps me accomplish those goals. Moreover, enjoy the company I keep and life in general.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    To get my weight within a healthy weight range...decrease my body fat %, gain strength then cut and bulk. Also, I'd love to be able to run 5k. I know it is not much, but I've never been able to run very far.....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Currently at maintenance and working on strength and body composition goals (recomping).. I also like to learn and share advice and keep up with my friends on here.

I don't really track unless I am bulking or if I am stalling on a cut.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Working on striking maintenance energy balance right now and continuing to run hard and start recomposition here in the fall. I will continue to track indefinitely, I need that level of control and data to inform my choices :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    My primary goal was to be able to better control my diabeties. Weight loss is a big part of that, but the first reason was to get a better handle on the macros I was consuming and how what I ate affected those blood sugar levels.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Originally it was to lose the weight I'd recently gained back after years of being fit and maintaining. Now that I've made some head way towards that goal I'm much more focused on being healthy than on a number. I'm managing my health issues better, eating less junk food, and working towards a body fat percentage of 25% or lower.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be changing. Initially it was weight loss. I'm currently 37lbs down with an initial goal of losing 55lbs but my goal has now changed to a fitness target as I have taken up running 6 weeks ago and am now starting to lift weights and have a charity 10k in November. I am sure that as the fitness aids the weight loss and I reach my targets the goal will shift again to appearance.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My primary goal has been to lose the weight I had gained over the last 2 years. I have lost 39 lbs but I still have a way to go before reaching my goals. I want to continue logging into the app after I reach my goals.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    To lose weight. Initially the primary reason was to do with vanity - I really don't like how I look. But now the primary reason is shifting over to be more about wanting to be at a healthy weight.