LCHF Lifestyle

Options
mfr0125
mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
Looking for ideas
To get fat into diet. I'm trying to follow 70% fat according to macro breakdown. But it is really hard getting that much fat into diet.

Welcome any ideas or tips!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Arbitrary diets are arbitrary diets no matter what you call them ;)

Why are you aiming for so much fat?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    mfr0125 wrote: »
    Looking for ideas
    To get fat into diet. I'm trying to follow 70% fat according to macro breakdown. But it is really hard getting that much fat into diet.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group :smiley:
  • mfr0125
    Options
    I'm following Guidelines suggested by KETO site Ruled.me- ideally 70% fat; 20% protein and 10% carbs. I do feel better; but getting that much fat is challenging and still generally stay within caloric guidelines.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm following Guidelines suggested by KETO site Ruled.me- ideally 70% fat; 20% protein and 10% carbs.
    Yes, but why?
    I do feel better;
    Revising one's diet usually makes us feel better, either because we do eat better, or because of the placebo effect, or both.
    but getting that much fat is challenging and still generally stay within caloric guidelines.
    Then why are you aiming for a split like that?
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you want to join in discussions of LCHF and Keto, go to the Low Carber Daily Forum Group for a supportive community.
  • mfr0125
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

This, and any kind of nut will increase fat in your diet.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looking for ideas

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group :smiley:

The Low Carber Daily group linked above has a bunch of keto'ers who are that low carb. You'll find support for your diet there.

I add fats by cooking in coconut oil, bacon drippings or butter. All veggies have a butter or cheese sauce if cooked, and a dip or full fat dressing if raw. I choose fatty cuts of meat when I can. Avoid the word lean or light on everything. Snack on cheese and fatty nuts like macadamias. Use mayo. Avocado is tasty. Add whipping cream, coconut oil, coconut cream or butter to your coffee or tea (then blend or whip it).

If allelse fails, you can make some fat bombs. There are a tonne of recipes out there.

Good to note that carbs are an upper limit, protein is something you strive to hit, but if you are low on fats for the day it isn't a large concern. Our bodies have enough fats for our lower fat intake days.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Agree with above both for support and also @nvmomketo recommendations about macros. Carbs upper limit, protein is a target but you can be low on fat if you aren't hungry. If hungry, you can up the fat.