TRYING VEGAN

Options
124»

Replies

• mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    I started eating vegetarian a few days ago, my goal is to try and eat no meat for 8 weeks.

I bought a cookbook called "You are what you eat" by Gillian McKeith that is full of vegetarian meals and lots of good information.

I don't want to buy the prepackaged processed "Vegetarian" foods, I want to make my own so I know exactly what's going in it and how much is going in it.

My reason for trying vegetarian is for my health, I love beef, chicken and so forth but I think I'd get more out of my clean diet by abstaining from meat and dairy for awhile. I am allowing myself an occasional bit of seafood if I really get to feeling the need for more than just fruits, veggies, grains and seeds.

Gillian mckeith (or what ever her name is) is a complete foney and a farce. she has no actual medical training or a doctorate and has lied about having such.

the following is an extract from wikipedia
    McKeith describes herself as having one or more PhDs, but in fact possesses only one qualification, from a non-accredited institution, and has been barred by the British Advertising Standards Authority from using the title Doctor in advertisements on the grounds that to continue to do so would be misleading.

and another
    The Daily Mail reports that Lorna Slater took part in McKeith's programme in 2005, lost 21 pounds, but regained it afterwards. Slater said, "she demoralised me totally ... she gave me a balloon—put two drinking straws underneath it and said: "That's what you look like" — I ended up in tears. Then she gave me a completely unrealistic eating plan which involved very little meat or fish and lots of food that disagreed with my system like avocado—which makes me sick—and cucumber. I had to boil mung beans all day long, which took hours, made the flat smell horrible and tasted more like the gravel at the bottom of a fish tank than food. Although I tried hard and did lose weight, it was totally unrealistic."[21]

and the list goes on
    One of the earliest criticisms focuses on McKeith's diploma in nutrition from American Association of Nutritional Consultants. In 2004, the same diploma was also awarded, upon application and payment, to Ben Goldacre's dead cat Henrietta.[10][41]

On her website McKeith claimed to have a PhD, degree or certificate from the American College of Nutrition.[42] In the book Dr Gillian McKeith's Living Food for Health McKeith also claimed to have a PhD from the American College of Nutrition. She does not; both her PhD and her Masters degree are from the non-accredited diploma mill Clayton College of Natural Health.[43][self-published source?]

I found the cat bit hilarious. Just do whats best for you honey not what that trollop says. I personally made a meal planner which i stick to (sometimes i switch the days around for variation) all my meals are homemade and i make most in bulk and freeze, take out what i need when i need it and just make up the fresh ingredients like pasta or rice. so much easier for me and it works for ME. Im cutting down on my red meat again (started eating it through pregnancy and now BF) and sliding over to chicken and fish. have a play around and find something that works FOR YOU!
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    I think if i decide to try meat after abstain for 8 weeks i might end up ordering the 6lb corned beef sandwich at Harolds Deli in NJ and possibly finishing it
  • dragoness07
    dragoness07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LOL - yes I can see that happening. OK .......... why not just start cutting down on meat, fish and dairy and just start introducing some *mouthwatering and delicious* vegetarian/vegan meals into your diet?
    I have taken some friends today to a Vegan/Raw food lounge and ........... you know what? They were absolutely amazed how delicious there meals were. The most entertaining part for myself was that they really thought that there "cheese" is so delicious. Well, the cheese was actually "nut cheese".

Wish you good luck and hope you will find a way which will suit you :):flowerforyou: