Low weight high rep is a killer?

Options
13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    So, you changed your routine? Get on a program. Stick with the program. See results.

I did for 8 months and go no results, in fact I posted my results in a previous thread, Zero muscle built.

But if I remember from your last thread, you weren't eating in a surplus then?
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    You don't build muscle in defecit, generally

You preserve muscle in defecit ...so did you lose much muscle

Also you're doing too much

Stick to the compound programme, build up your protein and eat at maintenance or a small surplus ...or if you want to cut make that your goal

My build looks exactly the same now as it did 60 lbs heavier, everything is just in a smaller proportion.

Now imagine what your build would look like if you had not lifted and instead lost the muscle that the lifting preserved. If you didn't lift and lost weight your muscle base would be worse and you would have to work up to the current base and then beyond.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Were you eating in a surplus? Because even power lifters who stay in the 1-5 rep range built a fair amount of muscle.

No I wasnt.

Then that's why you didn't build any muscle plain and simple and exactly why you'll continue to not build any muscle except maybe an insignificant amount
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I do higher volume, 15 reps but only 3 sets. That way I can still keep the weight relatively heavy.