Intermittent fasting

Options
MrsKila
MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
I know some people say that intermittent fasting really doesn't make a difference in your weight loss, it's just another way to control your calories in and your calories out. I honestly have some disagreements with that. But this is not a post to dispute it either way. This is just for me to say that I did do a fast and it broke a small Plateau or Stall whichever way anyone wants to look at it. I'll say this again it's not a debate . I really like intermittent fasting. Has any others who really like intermittent fasting had any results like this? If this is a post that is offending some please do not bother to respond as this is not a debate this is just for people who've experienced the same thing as I have. Thank you

Replies

• BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tried it, didn't like it. One pro was that I was focused in the morning but couldn't *kitten* to save my life, even when taking fiber. Most people tend to have that issue when do do IF.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Fast:five since January and I love eating within a five hour window each day.
  • swabyhall
    swabyhall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started IF 16:8 about a week ago. Lost 3 pounds that I was stuck on for weeks. I'm really enjoying doing it.

Does it matter when u do the 16 hrs fasting?
  • swabyhall
    swabyhall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work nights
  • DoughyJoey1008
    DoughyJoey1008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    swabyhall wrote: »
    I just started IF 16:8 about a week ago. Lost 3 pounds that I was stuck on for weeks. I'm really enjoying doing it.

Does it matter when u do the 16 hrs fasting?

No. As long as you're fasting for 16 and eating during your feed window. It will work.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23244741
    Double trouble: restrained eaters do not eat less and feel worse
    "high levels of dietary restraint do not appear to reflect actual caloric restraint, it has been found to be a risk factor for a wide array of maladaptive eating patterns. ... restrained eaters do not eat less than they intend to do"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18325547
    "We examine the comfort food preferences and consumption patterns of women with highly versus less developed schemas for cognitive restraint, emotional and situational eating ... complex eating schemas weaken biological signals and produce maladaptive patterns... High schematics reported a lesser post-consumption increase in fullness than low schematics. Low schematics favoured low and high calorie foods equally, their choice motivated by pleasure and positive emotions."
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It has worked for me nicely and I love it not to be eating every 3 to 4 hours.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I liked 5:2 IF for weight loss, very successful. Far easier for me than everyday calorie restriction.

Tried but didn't like 16:8 at maintenance - but did learn from it.
    I learned I can easily skip breakfast but really dislike regimented eating patterns or restrictions every day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!