Intermittent fasting

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    We something a bit different than most do on a form of IF..

My husband is doing 5:2 for the second time. It REALLY works well for him. I do a 24 hour fast, once week on one of his fasting days .. We both break the fast day at dinner.. works for the cook in the house. I transfer the deficit across the rest of the week so I can eat more on non fast days.

Maintenance is 16:8 or what I call back to normal for us.
  • mababauta
    mababauta Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences. I've done my research and am going to try it to break a plateau. I'm just not sure on my fasting window yet.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    swabyhall wrote: »
    I just started IF 16:8 about a week ago. Lost 3 pounds that I was stuck on for weeks. I'm really enjoying doing it.

Does it matter when u do the 16 hrs fasting?

No. As long as you're fasting for 16 and eating during your feed window. It will work.

Can sleep hours be factored into the 16 hours of fasting?
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    swabyhall wrote: »
    I just started IF 16:8 about a week ago. Lost 3 pounds that I was stuck on for weeks. I'm really enjoying doing it.

Does it matter when u do the 16 hrs fasting?

No. As long as you're fasting for 16 and eating during your feed window. It will work.

Can sleep hours be factored into the 16 hours of fasting?

yes, that is part of what makes the 16:8 so easy to follow.

• amazn2017
    amazn2017 Posts: 14 Member
    I've been doing IF for many months now, (a daily 8 hour eating window) and it made all the difference. Leangains.com is a great place to start learning about IF if you want information based on good science.

I will check it out, thank you!
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    I'm not typically one to get sucked into "fad" type diets or lifestyle changes but I am running 16:8 IF right now because I hurt my back and can do little more than walk for exercise. Nonetheless I've been able to achieve similar or better weight loss results as when I was working out 5-6 times a week. I still think it still comes down to CICO, but the IF style of eating fits into my lifestyle quite well and I feel like I am better able to manage my consumption under this eating regime.

Because it's so easy for me to maintain, I'm considering continuing to run IF after I've reached my weight loss goals and after I resume exercise again. I also really like the feeling of not being in a constant state of digestion when I'm awake and not having to worry about getting breakfast if I'm in a hurry. If it works for you and you are getting results no reason to change.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    I like it too. It is now for the most part second nature.
  • stephenmoralee
    stephenmoralee Posts: 75 Member
    I am definitely not a believer anymore that it's ALL about calories in and calories out. I have noticed incredibly better results IFing consuming the same amount and type of calories as I did when I would eat them throughout the day. My experience IFing has reinforced the research I've seen on it. There's definitely something to be said for fasting. It has literally changed my life and I love it.

Yeah í agree, i was Training and eating up to six meals a day (grazing) tsking on about 2200 cal.
    since 2 months IF (i counted my cals the other day which i don't usually doi anymore) and saw that i was taking on 2500 - 2800 cal a day wich is a few hundered more that on the six meal Thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!