Intermittent fasting

Options
124»

Replies

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I do both - count calories and do IF, I mean. No Keto for me. I decided when I started on this go around that I wasn't going to do anything that I couldn't KEEP doing for the rest of my life - because, hey - you know what happens when you stop doing the thing that works, right? Whether any of the claims are accurate surrounding IF, I will keep on doing it, because I am able to eat two really good meals a day, vs 3 skimpy ones - and I never have been a breakfast eater, anyway. It is working so far... 84 pounds in the last two years = and I am gaining muscle really well with my recent strength training. I do eat a lot of protein though... set my macros at 35/35/30.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    I do both - count calories and do IF, I mean. No Keto for me. I decided when I started on this go around that I wasn't going to do anything that I couldn't KEEP doing for the rest of my life - because, hey - you know what happens when you stop doing the thing that works, right? Whether any of the claims are accurate surrounding IF, I will keep on doing it, because I am able to eat two really good meals a day, vs 3 skimpy ones - and I never have been a breakfast eater, anyway. It is working so far... 84 pounds in the last two years = and I am gaining muscle really well with my recent strength training. I do eat a lot of protein though... set my macros at 35/35/30.

Yes I feel too if I can't keep it up....a gimmick which eliminates certain foods only leads to temporary losses.
    I like your 2 meal IF approach!
  • lostsomeweightonce
    lostsomeweightonce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it! for two reasons. 1) Helps me restrict my calories, CICO still is key. 2) All day my stomach stays tight and much flatter.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, in contrast to the poster who indicated that IF may produce maladapative eating patterns, (which is likely to be absolutely true for some people), for others IF fits their lifestyles quite well. I quite naturally have 1-2 days per week that I just have very little appetite, so a 5:2 IF pattern works for me. For people who can't face food in the mornings, a 16:8 IF pattern may work beautifully. If it isn't a hardship, why not?

Exactly if I wasn’t hungry as soon as I wake up, why not take advantage? But I’m hungry as soon as I’m up and every 3 hours, so 3 meals and 2 snacks, I listen to my body and as long as I stay within my range to lose or maintain, I’m ok, so no low carb, high fat, clean or whatever CICO works for ME ;)

• rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »
    I know some people say that intermittent fasting really doesn't make a difference in your weight loss, it's just another way to control your calories in and your calories out. I honestly have some disagreements with that. But this is not a post to dispute it either way. This is just for me to say that I did do a fast and it broke a small Plateau or Stall whichever way anyone wants to look at it. I'll say this again it's not a debate . I really like intermittent fasting. Has any others who really like intermittent fasting had any results like this? If this is a post that is offending some please do not bother to respond as this is not a debate this is just for people who've experienced the same thing as I have. Thank you

IF works for me like a charm. Check out the following.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10511781/fat-to-fit-6-packs-just-2-inspire/p1
  • cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well if Fung is not rigorous enough for you then read up on Ben Bickman’s work He is actively engaged in ketogenic research.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!