Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Options
CrabNebula
CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
I made this cheesecake on Thursday night. It was AMAZING. My husband is a big fan of cheesecake, but we don't really eat it all that much because it is hard to justify 500-800 cals for a slice and then we can't finish it anyway, so it is a waste.

This recipe was already pretty light at 290 cals for 10 servings, but I was able to run it into the calorie ground even more. I subbed:

*Non-fat Greek yogurt for 2%
*Truvia baking blend almost all the sugar
*Egg whites for eggs

Extra additions:

*1TBLS vanilla bean sugar
*1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
*6oz raspberries

After I had mixed the filling in the food processor, I took the raspberries and white chocolate and processed until there were no large chocolate chunks. I then swirled them into the cheesecake filling.

I don't have a springform pan, so I just baked it in a standard 9in pie pan. It took about 40-45 minutes. I think it is best to let this sit in the fridge for two days. We ate it on Friday night and it was good, but on Saturday, it seemed to taste the best. It was super delicious though. Neither one of us could hardly believe it was a low fat/reduced cal version of cheesecake.

Next time, I will probably do something different for the crust or even just omit it altogether. For some reason, it ended up pretty soggy and meh. I will probably make another one of these cheesecakes very soon!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I made this cheesecake on Thursday night. It was AMAZING. My husband is a big fan of cheesecake, but we don't really eat it all that much because it is hard to justify 500-800 cals for a slice and then we can't finish it anyway, so it is a waste.

This recipe was already pretty light at 290 cals for 10 servings, but I was able to run it into the calorie ground even more. I subbed:

*Non-fat Greek yogurt for 2%
    *Truvia baking blend almost all the sugar
    *Egg whites for eggs

Extra additions:

*1TBLS vanilla bean sugar
    *1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
    *6oz raspberries

After I had mixed the filling in the food processor, I took the raspberries and white chocolate and processed until there were no large chocolate chunks. I then swirled them into the cheesecake filling.

I don't have a springform pan, so I just baked it in a standard 9in pie pan. It took about 40-45 minutes. I think it is best to let this sit in the fridge for two days. We ate it on Friday night and it was good, but on Saturday, it seemed to taste the best. It was super delicious though. Neither one of us could hardly believe it was a low fat/reduced cal version of cheesecake.

Next time, I will probably do something different for the crust or even just omit it altogether. For some reason, it ended up pretty soggy and meh. I will probably make another one of these cheesecakes very soon!

Sounds yummy, I love raspberries! Soggy crust.....maybe just sprinkle on some graham cracker crumbs when serving?
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Delicious!!