9/6- 7.01
    9/7- 7.01
    9/8- 7.17
    9/9- 4.06
    9/10-12.01
    9/11- Rest
    9/12- 4.04

Total: 58.48/115

Today's notes: 4 miles on the boarder between easy and recovery pace. Looking forward to the next 12 days and finally getting to my race.
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good Morning running friends. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had an awesome run last night and was able to run just over 6 miles. This is only the second time in a very long time that I have ran this far. Have a great day everyone and 'Just keep running"

exercise.png

9/1 - 3.6
    9/2 - 6.2
    9/3 - 0
    9/4 -0
    9/5 - 2.6
    9/6 - 4.3
    9/7 - 6
    9/8 - 4.2
    9/9 - 0
    9/10 - 4.3
    9/11 -6.4
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September
    9/1 9 miles - 9
    9/2 5 miles - 14
    9/3 18 miles - 32
    9/4 REST DAY
    9/5 10.5 miles - 42.5
    9/6 9 miles - 51.5
    9/7 6.2 miles - 57.7
    9/8 10 miles - 67.7
    9/8 6.2 miles - 73.9 << Daily Double
    9/9 6.2 miles - 80.1
    9/10 18 miles - 98.1
    9/11 REST DAY
    9/12 8 miles - 106.1

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So I was looking at the lap times of my run this morning. First off, it was very cool this morning. Mile 1 was at goal marathon pace, miles 2,3,4, 6 and 8 were faster than goal HM pace. Over all stats: 8 miles in 1:00:03 at 7:27 avg pace &175 spm.

Mile 1: 7:41
    Mile 2: 7:07
    Mile 3: 7:07
    Mile 4: 7:00
    Mile 5: 8:37
    Mile 6: 7:07
    Mile 7: 8:13
    Mile 8: 6:55
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 -That's awesome!
  • dowelahmed
    dowelahmed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last week was time for me to get some variety in my running, some speed runs and long runs to get my 5K to a good pace. It may be the placebo effect but I managed to improve my 5K time despite the typically grey and wet weather! I've also ended up signing up for a run this Saturday near the site of the Olympic stadium in Stratford, a change of scenery from my local park should keep me motivated and gets me out and about!

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 Amazing deal on those shoes!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 4 miles. Weather was beautiful! Had to cut it short because I hit snooze too many times.
    9/2 - Unplanned rest day. Apparently yesterday's snoozing was due to impending illness. First virus of the new school year.
    9/3 - 8.09 mile group run. Again, beautiful weather! Plus, virus seems gone.
    9/4 - Normal rest day. Way overate at family picnic.
    9/5 - 5.06 miles.
    9/6 - Bodypump class, followed by Abs/Core class.
    9/7 - 4.03 hot, humid, sticky miles...summer is not over yet!
    9/8 - 5.2 miles at Trek/treadmill class.
    9/9 - Managed to turn off my alarm and oversleep by 2 hours = no run or spin class :-1:
    9/10 - 9.4 mile group run. Another gorgeous morning for a run!
    9/11 - Insanely busy church/family activity day.
    9/12 - 4.7 miles. Getting spoiled by this weather.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    9/1 - 7 miles
    9/2 - 6 miles
    9/3 - rest day - cross country meet but I noticed I put in about 3.5 miles running all over the course ha ha
    9/4 - 5 awful miles
    9/5 - 5 not as awful miles
    9/6 - 6 still kinda crappy feeling miles
    9/7 - rest day travel to Florida
    9/8 - 13 hours of hospital chair sitting
    9/9 - 7 miles of Oh My Goodness I needed that after ^^ that day LOL
    9/10 - 4 miles my Garmin wasn't charged but I know this route is just over 4 miles
    9/11 - travel day home from Florida
    9/12 - too freaking tired to get out of bed day :smile:

40 out of 115 miles

exercise.png
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fell way behind on reading over the weekend, and have not gotten any running in. We went to a concert with my parents in Lawrence, KS, on Thursday night. I worked a half day, then drove the 3 hours to Lawrence that afternoon. The show was good, but after 5+ hours of driving that day, I was just exhausted. Friday, we drove home from Lawrence (along with my parents, who stayed the weekend with us). Saturday was a moving day. Finally got our new refrigerator to the new house, as well as a shed, some small equipment, the rest of the kitchen, antiques, wall decor, etc.

I had planned to run Sunday morning, but had been suffering digestive upset since Wednesday, and it was no better on Sunday, so I scrapped that plan (even though the weather was gorgeous--only 51 degrees Sunday morning). Probably a good thing, as my parents had headed out early Sunday morning, and called us a couple hours later because their truck had broken down on the way home. DH and my dad diag'ed the trouble over the phone, and we hit up the auto parts store and headed up to rescue them. It was a little over an hour drive to get to them, then took about 30-45 minutes to do the repair (power steering pump, pulley, & drive belt replacement). So much for my planned lazy Sunday.

I am going to take a few more days off of running, as I'm still having some minor pain in my right leg (fibula area). Don't want to risk making it worse.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 1 hr walking, not all at once
    9/2 - 4 mi run, 35 min strength
    9/3 - 2.5 mi walk
    9/4-9/10 - NOTHING. Huge break.
    9/11 - 3 mi run, 2 miles walking

Goal: Not be in pain

Well I haven't kept up very well on this thread this month. Took a solid 7 days off, literally moving as little as possible. I think my fitbit report today will say something like 50,000 steps for the week and that's only because Saturday we spent the day in Branson and walked a lot. LOL

Yesterday morning was a cool (although humid) 52 degrees so I decided to try out running. That pain behind/above my knee has felt great with completely stopping all activity, but was 7 days enough? We'll see. I walked half mile, then started Garmin and did 3 miles running (with a few walk breaks. Sigh.) and then walked another half mile cool down. My average pace for the 3 miles was 11:45 and all I can do is just say WOW. All I've done all year is get slower and slower. It's like I've never run at all. I remember strangely little about that 3 miles except that my mouth was dry (dumb Benadryl). I don't even remember why I walked. I'll probably try running again tomorrow and then Friday and pray to God the pain doesn't come back. One day I will run my old pace again????

@Elise4270 Your cats follow you for a walk? What sorcery is this? LOL

@ceciliaslater Good luck with your leg pain.

@Stoshew71 Great deal on the shoes!

• Elise4270
    Options

Goal: Not be in pain

@Elise4270 Your cats follow you for a walk? What sorcery is this? LOL

Love your goal!

Yes. I don't know why they do that. The oldest (10) use to follow the kids to school. He also runs with me out about half a mile then heads home. Identity crisis? I think, they think, we're hunting without them or its a game? No clue. Maybe I'll drop Jackson Galaxy a note for insight.

• 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just after a quick bit of advice. I'm taking a few days out from running due to tonsillitis and not being able to get much fluids down so I've decided to make myself feel better by buying some new running shoes. I've only ever owned one pair so I don't really have much idea as to what to buy. I've noticed a lot of people here mention Brooks Ghosts and I've found a pair on sale for £65, are they any good and is that a good price? Thank you :)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    07KatieP13 wrote: »
    Hi all, just after a quick bit of advice. I'm taking a few days out from running due to tonsillitis and not being able to get much fluids down so I've decided to make myself feel better by buying some new running shoes. I've only ever owned one pair so I don't really have much idea as to what to buy. I've noticed a lot of people here mention Brooks Ghosts and I've found a pair on sale for £65, are they any good and is that a good price? Thank you :)

Brooks are good shoes. If they aren't to your liking, Brooks has a great return policy. Price seems fair. Like 73 USD.
  • untermrad
    untermrad Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5k on Saturday went okay, but I had a problem where I kept getting stuck behind full rows of walkers, and made myself sick running faster to try to make up for lost time.
    Ran easy 6.5 miles on Sunday.

9/1 6.3 miles
    9/3 6.2 miles, split into two equal runs as I started out way too fast.
    9/4 6.3 miles
    9/6 6.2 miles (treadmill)
    9/8 4.8 miles fartlek run on treadmill, felt sick after completing speed portions and had to stop.
    9/9 6.4 miles easy run
    9/10 3.1 miles (Pure Tap 5k)
    9/11 6.5 miles
    exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    9/10 - Louisville Pure Tap 5k 25:03
    10/1 - Norton Sports Health Great Pumpkin 10k
    10/22 - Urban Bourbon Half Marathon
    11/24 - Hungry Turkey 5k
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Brooks are good shoes. If they aren't to your liking, Brooks has a great return policy. Price seems fair. Like 73 USD.

I have no complaints on the Ghost 7. I paid about $55 US last year. I got the Ghost 8 for $40 at the local running store July 4th sale but haven't worn them yet. The Ghost 9 is out now. The further back the model, the lower the price oughta be :-D

@untermrad I love your race names...."Great Pumpkin" and "Hungry Turkey"!
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    9/01 ..... 3.2
    9/02 ........... Rest
    9/03 ..... 3.3
    9/04 ........... Rest
    9/05 ........... Hiked 6 miles
    9/06 ........... Walked 6 miles with a friend
    9/07 ..... 2.3 Easy run then walked, DOMS was a little much to ignore
    9/08 ........... Rest
    9/09 ........... Rest
    9/10 ..... 3.2 With DD. She walked a little more than last time but I am still happy with what she put in.
    9/11 ..... 5.0 With DH. I was a little surprised with the pace: felt easy at ~10:30 min/mile, it was usually 11-12 for me

Total Miles: 17

So, as I have found out, my goal for this month was kind of crazy. And on top of it, I did not do so well last week. So, instead of waiting to report not-meeting-my-goal at the end of the month, I am just going to adjust it to a more reasonable range to keep myself accountable for the rest of the month. New Goal: 60 Miles

exercise.png
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I have no complaints on the Ghost 7. I paid about $55 US last year. I got the Ghost 8 for $40 at the local running store July 4th sale but haven't worn them yet. The Ghost 9 is out now. The further back the model, the lower the price oughta be :-D
    @07KatieP13 I just want to add that a new pair of the newest model (Ghost 9) is retail at USD120. Just some reference for you.