What Protein Shake Powder do you Recomend?

Options
StormiLu
StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
Going to start drinking a Protein shake once a day. What brand do you recomend? Where can I get it? Best to drink before or after a work out?

Replies

• sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love syntha-6. It tastes the best to me. I order it on Amazon.com. I drink it after my workouts.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    StormiLu wrote: »
    Going to start drinking a Protein shake once a day. What brand do you recomend?
    The cheapest that doesn't taste bad, and isn't full of carbs. For me, that's ON Whey Protein Vanilla Ice Cream flavored.
    Where can I get it?
    Amazon, but bodybuilding.com also has it on sale sometimes.
    Best to drink before or after a work out?
    It makes no difference at all when you drink it in relation to your workouts. Whenever you're most comfortable.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've never tasted any better than PE Science, especially considering the protein/calories.
  • BigJes37
    BigJes37 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ansi pro series $37.49 69 servings 5 lbs
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whichever you can find that tastes find best to you and had the most protein per gram. There really is no right answer. It's all opinions.
  • rheabb0325
    rheabb0325 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started Whey protein 1x a day myself- of course I love the chocolate- I have bought off Amazon & at Wal-mart -both taste about the same.
  • espressoshotsandheavysquats
    Options
    PEScience!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you can, pick up some single serving packets and do a taste test. They are more expensive but can save you from buying a large amount of something you dislike, so worth it in the long run. Maybe amazon has a variety of flavors in single size from some manufacturers? I know they had a variety pack of Quest bars, as that's what I did to try Quest bars.

The Quest protein powders (3-4 flavors, anyway) are sold in single serving sizes at my local 7-11s. Unfortunately, I didn't like them that much, but many do. WF has a bunch of other ones in the single serving (I like Biochem and Jay Robb's flavors), but I'd assume any powder sold by WF is not a deal. They might be available cheaper elsewhere, though.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    These threads always make me crave tuna :D
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use Isoflex Chocolate, it's pretty good!
  • aspoerr1
    aspoerr1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PESCIENCE is by far the best tasting and best at mixing. I got their new chocolate frosted cupcake one and it's delicious!! Low carb and low calorie too!
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    aspoerr1 wrote: »
    PESCIENCE is by far the best tasting and best at mixing. I got their new chocolate frosted cupcake one and it's delicious!! Low carb and low calorie too!

Have you tried the snicker doodle? Where do you buy order yours?
  • jaybird1705
    jaybird1705 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Dymatize Elite Rich Chocolate and Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow. They both mix well on shaker bottles with water, Almond milk, or 2% milk. Additionally, for a snack, I will mix a scoop of one of these powders with a cup of low fat Plain Greek yogurt with an ounce of plain granola for texture, or I sometimes mix a scoop of the powder with a cup of low fat cottage cheese from 2%. Be careful buying really cheap protein powders. You get what you pay for. Chances are if you find one REALLY cheap, then they are probably amino spiking which is protein trickery .v5ovco116k9t.jpeg
    mgh2qnq1bwpp.jpeg
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I tend to use EAS Whey + Casein vanilla powder. It gives both a quick and slow-releasing blend of protein, so it gives the body a steady supply for a few hours [the container says a max of six hours]. It's very light on the sweetener, so the vanilla flavor isn't very overpowering, which makes it perfect for blending with a water enhancer [I tend to add a squeeze of orange liquid enhancer to mine to make an orange creamcicle style protein shake].

Plus, if you're on the SNAP program [I was for awhile due to lack of work] it has a nutrition facts label so it's covered by SNAP benefits.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've used Vega Green Protein, didn't like it at all. I've use EAS. I do like it, has a good flavor and a smooth texture. However I stumbled across MyProtein [dot] com. Ordered the Impact Rocky Road and it's the most flavorful and smoothest Whey I've personally used*.

*These are my opinions and I am entitled to them.

Plus when I buy it, i get it for about it for about 50 cents a serving.
    1 Serving is
    • 1 carb
    • 2.0 grams of fat
    • 20.0 grams of protein
    • 35.0mg of Sodium
    • 15% of your daily Calcium

mle5gq7s3tnq.jpg
  • ifrydr
    ifrydr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    NOW Sports - Not a lot of "junk" in it... I like the taste, however my son and wife do not, although I am not picky and not looking for a "treat"! They think it is supposed to be like a milkshake or something...

https://www.nowfoods.com/sports-nutrition/whey-protein-isolate-powder
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like the pure protein, pre mixed ones that Costco sells. 30 Grams per shake and pretty tasty.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I've used Vega Green Protein, didn't like it at all. I've use EAS. I do like it, has a good flavor and a smooth texture. However I stumbled across MyProtein [dot] com. Ordered the Impact Rocky Road and it's the most flavorful and smoothest Whey I've personally used*.

*These are my opinions and I am entitled to them.

Plus when I buy it, i get it for about it for about 50 cents a serving.
    1 Serving is
    • 1 carb
    • 2.0 grams of fat
    • 20.0 grams of protein
    • 35.0mg of Sodium
    • 15% of your daily Calcium

mle5gq7s3tnq.jpg

Another vote for MyProtein. I'm a pretty heavy user, so I buy in bulk. I'm able to buy Impact Whey at a fraction of the cost of other brands (ON, Dymatize, etc.). It's best combination of taste, value and quality by far.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    There are just so many! Like some have said - try a few and see what you like, but make sure it's high in protein and low in carbs if you're looking for a true protein supplement as opposed to a meal replacement. I use Legion Whey. I get Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cookies 'N Creme. They have a Strawberry Banana, but I have no idea if it's good - that flavor is not for me. If you don't like their product you can always return it for a full refund, so that's nice. I've seen others with some great sounding flavors, but haven't branched out. I think you can get samples at places like Vitashoppe. Good luck with your search!

https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/whey/
  • Kaos2016
    Kaos2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Leanfit Whey Chocolate. Tastes good, and doesn't break the bank.