Tell me about an encounter with a squirrel

Options
km8907
km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
Is apparently a new pick-up line. Give it a go.

Replies

• Jerry1001
    Jerry1001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Want to go back to my tree house? I'll show you my nuts!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We had a squirrel terrorizing us and the neighbours. It ate through our screens and got in the house and ate bread.

I sprinkled tabasco on the windows and got rid of him. Thank goodness because the neighbour planned on trapping it and "relocating" it
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    We had a squirrel terrorizing us and the neighbours. It ate through our screens and got in the house and ate bread.

I sprinkled tabasco on the windows and got rid of him. Thank goodness because the neighbour planned on trapping it and "relocating" it

I thought I was the only one who had problems with squirrels breaking in to eat pastries! No one believes me!

I believe one has to live through the terror of squirrels breaking in for pastries to believe it.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I think this is adorable...

So I have a real weakness for animals, and I tend to cry at roadkill (it's the principle--such a short distance, mere seconds in the span of time, yet the unfortunate creature just couldn't make it that day; heartbreaking) so I always drive slow in wooded areas. Squirrels dart to & fro on our country roads, that's the norm, so I see one and slow down. But I notice it's a BABY SQUIRREL (which was cute because I've never seeeeeen a baby one! *heart eyes*) and rather than dashing to the left or the right or even switching midway, the cute little guy just kind of throws himself down in the middle of the road, sprawled out, kind of like, "Oh just go ahead and take me cruel world!" I stopped my car, and he gathered himself (where's your dignity, man?!?) and scooted off. And I drove on, totally happy. What a silly reaction it had! I love that little squirrel <3

OMG we had a nest of baby squirrels fall out of a tree...their tails were all tangled up. Eventually a neighbour took them to the emergency animal rescue place where they were waiting to do tail amputations...I'm not making this up. Anyway they couldn't be saved but our neighbour adopted a nest...and that's where the Terror Squirrel came from!!!
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I think this is adorable...

So I have a real weakness for animals, and I tend to cry at roadkill (it's the principle--such a short distance, mere seconds in the span of time, yet the unfortunate creature just couldn't make it that day; heartbreaking) so I always drive slow in wooded areas. Squirrels dart to & fro on our country roads, that's the norm, so I see one and slow down. But I notice it's a BABY SQUIRREL (which was cute because I've never seeeeeen a baby one! *heart eyes*) and rather than dashing to the left or the right or even switching midway, the cute little guy just kind of throws himself down in the middle of the road, sprawled out, kind of like, "Oh just go ahead and take me cruel world!" I stopped my car, and he gathered himself (where's your dignity, man?!?) and scooted off. And I drove on, totally happy. What a silly reaction it had! I love that little squirrel <3

OMG we had a nest of baby squirrels fall out of a tree...their tails were all tangled up. Eventually a neighbour took them to the emergency animal rescue place where they were waiting to do tail amputations...I'm not making this up. Anyway they couldn't be saved but our neighbour adopted a nest...and that's where the Terror Squirrel came from!!!

D'awww...and by Terror Squirrel I assume you mean Terror-bly Cute! <3 *pats squirrel on the head* Also, I admire his/her dedication--when I'm after a bag of brioche, I've been known to tear through a screen or two *high fives Terror Squirrel*

Also.. can you do an alternate ending, please? One where all the baby squirrels survive and go on to live long, happy, pastry-eating lives? Please & thank you :/
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    The one time squirrel hunting my sone popped one with the .17HMR and it had hige tassles, so we started a B&C tassle guide for trophy squirrels.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    All I can say is get rid of the tree rats
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I was walking down the street a few months ago and saw a dead squirrel. It was just lying on its back, stiff, not moving. There was another squirrel with it... trying to pull its paw to help it get up. One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen!
  • FrothyGibblets
    FrothyGibblets Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was walking down the street a few months ago and saw a dead squirrel. It was just lying on its back, stiff, not moving. There was another squirrel with it... trying to pull its paw to help it get up. One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen!

I came here to post something similar. A few weeks back I was driving home through a small forest. In the middle of the road was what I assumed was a newly squashed squirrel, so I positioned my car to avoid squashing it further, when out the corner of my eye I saw a second squirrel stood at the verge looking out at the other squirrel. I then imagined a scenario where they were chasing each other across the road in a playful manner and one didn't make it, so the other was waiting for its friend.

Put a right bummer on my afternoon that day.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    aff184ba91f02351ea56ae4bd90c0231.jpg
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    My dog either killed a squirrel or found a dead one and left it on the couch for me when I got home.

I don't think that is a good pick up line.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    We had a baby squirrel fall out of the nest in our yard. He was nearly grown, so we picked him up and took him inside. He was just sort of stunned, I guess. Fed him sunflower seeds and peanuts for a couple days until he seemed strong again. Then he didn't want to leave! He sat by our back door and cried for a day or two. Finally he did go on about his business, but anytime he would see us come outside he would run over and take peanuts from us and sit on my husbands shoulder.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was on a camping trip with a few other ladies when I was much younger, and we set up our tents under these huge trees thinking we found the perfect spot. We kept hearing things fall on the tent during set-up but didn't think too much of it. Later while we were sitting around the fire pit we notice how many squirrels were around us, one tiny squirrel comes scooting over and is being strange but we think its hilarious and adorable (we were a little under the influence admittedly). *kitten* was just distracting us, the whole while he was playing in front of us all of his squirrel buddies were sneaking up behind us to steal snacks. They ended up stealing an entire loaf of bread, and proceeded to throw things at us for the remaining portion of the trip.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    my moms had this one squirrel she hated. it used to run from window to window of the house giving her the side-eye, then when she went outside it would pelt olives at her from the olive tree.

she kept a little pistol on the table by the door in case she ever had the opportunity to shoot him

then one winter i went to her house to shovel her drive and i found her outside throwing mixed nuts around on the ground in the snow

i was like 'wtf mom?'

and she said 'well didn't want the little *kitten* to starve to death thats a terrible way to go'

thats the best squirrel story i have. i also have a raccoon story where a little gang of them tried to mug me after a night of drinking

:o Please tell your raccoon story as well.