Tell me about an encounter with a squirrel

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Is this for squirrel pick up lines or stories?

My story is: when I was young I rescued a baby squirrel that was under a car and took it to the local wildlife refuge center.

My pick up line is: (not really a pick up line. It's hard to find a squirrel joke that aren't about nuts)

lpohzn9dzj1b.jpg
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Is this for squirrel pick up lines or stories?

My story is: when I was young I rescued a baby squirrel that was under a car and took it to the local wildlife refuge center.

My pick up line is: (not really a pick up line. It's hard to find a squirrel joke that aren't about nuts)

lpohzn9dzj1b.jpg

It's apparently a great icebreaker. Some people just have squirrel stories they never get to tell.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I was in about the 6th or 7th grade when my older brother brought home a baby squirrel. He found it in a friend's yard. (Yes I know he should have left it alone but what can we do about it now eh?) Anyhoo, we fed and raised the little thing as a pet. We had it for 2-3 years. Well one day my parents decided to bug bomb the house. We had roaches like nobodies business. (It was bonus that came with the house we were renting!) So we put the squirrel in the bedroom I shared with my older sister. We placed the squirrel in the bedroom closet and left the door open but places the lid to the squirrel tank in the closet doorway to prevent him (or her) from getting out. We closed the bedroom door and sealed around the door with tape and stuffed towels underneath, and left a screened window open. When we returned a couple hours later I went into the room to get the squirrel. I knocked over the lid to the tank we placed in the door way of the closet and it pinched the squirrel's foot. Well I was just dumb enough to try to pick up the squirrel. He (or she) bit me. It went nearly all the way through my finger. I still have a scar. The end.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Once, years ago, while on an early morning run, I heard a rustling in the tree I was passing followed by a thump. I didn't know squirrels could fall out of trees, This one did, shook itself off and scampered back up. Was funny at the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was walking down the street a few months ago and saw a dead squirrel. It was just lying on its back, stiff, not moving. There was another squirrel with it... trying to pull its paw to help it get up. One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen!

I came here to post something similar. A few weeks back I was driving home through a small forest. In the middle of the road was what I assumed was a newly squashed squirrel, so I positioned my car to avoid squashing it further, when out the corner of my eye I saw a second squirrel stood at the verge looking out at the other squirrel. I then imagined a scenario where they were chasing each other across the road in a playful manner and one didn't make it, so the other was waiting for its friend.

Put a right bummer on my afternoon that day.

Yeah I'm looking at squirrels in another light now.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was walking down the street a few months ago and saw a dead squirrel. It was just lying on its back, stiff, not moving. There was another squirrel with it... trying to pull its paw to help it get up. One of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen!

I came here to post something similar. A few weeks back I was driving home through a small forest. In the middle of the road was what I assumed was a newly squashed squirrel, so I positioned my car to avoid squashing it further, when out the corner of my eye I saw a second squirrel stood at the verge looking out at the other squirrel. I then imagined a scenario where they were chasing each other across the road in a playful manner and one didn't make it, so the other was waiting for its friend.

Put a right bummer on my afternoon that day.

Yeah I'm looking at squirrels in another light now.

dont y'all get too sad they are cannibals so he coulda just been getting ready to eat his friend
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I went to regents park and a squirrel came up to me and sniffed my hand to check if I had anything
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I had an encounter with a squirrel, he drove me nuts......
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Apart from letting me store my nuts in your sack I have nothing XD
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a squirrel... @synchkat take a pic of one for me? :D
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    I took this on the weekend. He was so cute sitting there eating. Terror squirrel is black but pretty just the same

0dcboe521qk2.jpg
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options

There you go
    h314i3bjydyc.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's one of the things that surprised me the most when I moved to the US... Squirrels EVERYWHERE. Never saw one in France.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    @synchkat aww thank you

haha @musclegood_fatbad googling a cute one isn't the same lol but thanks ;)
  • synchkat
    Options
    Mine was real...taken with my phone...in a tree on elm street
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    @synchkat aww thank you

Google always counts...not my fault @synchkat is an overachiever.
  • synchkat
    Options
    @synchkat aww thank you

Google always counts...not my fault @synchkat is an overachiever.

Awww @musclegood_fatbad don't be hating on my achievements
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Once I was walking in a park and made eye contact with a squirrel in the middle of burying a nut. He stopped, realised I was watching him, dug up his nut and went somewhere else. Fool thought I was gunna steal it!