Breakfast foods high in protein

Options
Arnisha1979
Arnisha1979 Posts: 8 Member
Can anyone please provide suggestion for those breakfast items high in protein. I am tired of eating egg whites with veggies every morning and turkey bacon. The bacon I don't mind so much. I need other alternatives instead of the eggs with veggies. Something that can be nutritious, yet delicious and keep me full until my first snack of the morning.

Replies

• GigiMonet
    GigiMonet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes does someone have an answer that is a great question.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, black beans, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I feel like getting creative. Silk flavoured dessert tofu. What shall we pair it with? How about a teaspoon of maple syrup and something crunchy. Maybe a quarter cup granola. Or if you must stick to protein, a tablespoon of hemp hearts.
  • Arnisha1979
    Arnisha1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much they all sound like good ideas I will try!
  • rome_411
    rome_411 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have tried a whey isolate protein shake blended with banana and almond milk, salmon, and chicken breast on flatbread as alternatives lately. Good luck and you got this!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    MiMi_5151 wrote: »
    avocado - either on toast, by itself, of baked with an egg in the hole left by the pit.

baked-eggs-thumb-200.jpg

That's high fat, not high protein. I'm definitely going to try it though. Maybe some bacon on top?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein or Think Thin bars. I also put a scoop of whey protein in my coffee or make a smoothie with banana and milk. You can also roll up a piece of deli ham or turkey and a slice of cheese around a slice of avocado.
  • JennP415
    JennP415 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like whole fat cottage cheese on a whole wheat english muffin. It keeps me totally satisfied.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have fat free Greek yoghurt with granola or protein enriched cereal with milk, both give me around 18g protein for 250-330 cals
  • JennP415
    JennP415 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And sometimes if I'm eating a bit later--like at 10 am I'll have a chicken breast with blue cheese and hot wing sauce,
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Yes - I was just about to suggest protein powder - one scoop is usually around 25 g of protein.
    Also, Dry Curd Cottage Cheese has a lot more protein than regular cottage cheese and way less
    sodium too - You could mix some of that into your smoothies...along with greek yogurt
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for a "sweet omelette" which is eggs (or whites), cream cheese or cottage cheese, a little sweetener, and fruit.

I make mine with 4 egg whites, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 2 splenda pkts, and a handful of frozen blueberries. I also like a cup of cottage cheese with a little low sugar jam or unsweetened applesauce.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Protein Oatmeal I used quick oats from kroger and when they are almost done I add a scoop of protien powder in. Quest salted caramel is so good with a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips. Made with 1/2 cup of fat free skim milk it has 33 grams of protein.