Breakfast foods high in protein

Options

Replies

• DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I go with plain greek yogurt, hardboiled eggs or cottage cheese. Ricotta unfortunately is like 2x the calories per gram of protein than cottage cheese. Cottage cheese 4% is 220 calories per cup, ricotta is over 400. With 25 and 28 grams of protein respectively.
  • dunoonite
    dunoonite Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Try a mix of cottage cheese, fruit-flavored greek yogurt and lemon juice. I usually mix 1/2 cup of the cottage, 1/2 cup of the greek yogurt and 1 tsp lemon juice [enhances the flavor]. I get about 26g protein each morning from this.

If you're watching fat and salt intake, the flavors from the greek yogurt and lemon juice will even mask the meh flavor of fat free cottage cheese, though I usually use low fat cottage cheese.
  • Arnisha1979
    Arnisha1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They all sound yummy. More ideas to add. Thank you
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    English "fry up" cooked breakfast
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Garbanzo Bean Flour Pancakes: - makes three pancakes - use filling of our choice.

1/2 cup GBF
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt (optional)
    1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water

Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, whisk in water, make sure the mixture is smooth

I use 1 smashed banana for sweetness

Mashed banana and add to mixture

Fry in non-stick pan using spray or oil. (I use coconut oil).

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka (a baked egg dish with a tomato base) - I add beans, usually chickpeas or white beans, to mine and top with cheese for more protein and fiber.
    Toast topped with ricotta cheese and shredded chicken.
    Bagel thin with sliced turkey, hummus, and veggies.
    Add chicken or turkey to your omelettes
    Soft scrambled eggs with a little cream cheese mixed in and topped with smoked salmon
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Here is my protein smoothie: 2 cups milk, 1 banana, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, and a cup or so of blueberries or strawberries. Hmmm, I should try this with peaches sometime too.
  • Aniston_T
    Aniston_T Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Waffles (with egg, milk, flaxseeds etc) that have 12gr of protein and 310 calories each. Served with peanut butter for more protein or baked beans, back bacon and poached egg (but that's more for a lunch cause it's 500-600 calories altogether)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Adding: I talked to my dad about this thread and he tells me that Tangerines are unrelated to oranges. When his food restriction (for kidneys) would not allow him oranges any more, he could still have Tangerines.

[Edited to add] Oops wrong thread.
  • MirrorMe33
    MirrorMe33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make "pancakes" for a weekend treat
    1-2 eggs whisked
    1 mashed banana
    1/2 tsp bicarb soda
    2 tbs of pb2 (peanut butter powder)
    or a serving of protein powder
    can add a sprinkle your fav spices for a little extra flavour

combine the lot and throw it in a fry pan
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @MirrorMe33 I take it you mash that banana to a creamy froth.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    150 g Dannon Light and Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt, 1 medium sliced banana, 30g of Fiber 1 cereal. 221 cals, 15g protein, 16g fiber. This isn't for low carber's tho. Ends up being 53g of carbs. but it keeps me full til lunch
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Kippers :)

I can't do very high protein because it leaves me with a headache but do go with complex carbs, nuts and seeds.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    And more like 330 kcals than 600!!!
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sausage links, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese
  • Monisha4005
    Monisha4005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beabs mashed such as pinto, butter, or white. Make like hash or fried potatoes.
  • melva_hudson
    melva_hudson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Herdez's Salsa Verde has saved my world! Also Olé low cal, high fiber tortillas. They make it easy to eat eggs every day.
  • JenniferSusan
    JenniferSusan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For something different, I like half can baked beans, 2eggs, mushrooms and either turkey breast or turkey bacon. If you have a sweet tooth try greek yoghurt pancakes: 1 large Egg, 0.50 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 6 ounce, Greek Yoghurt -Plain. This gives you 180calories, 5g fat(from egg, omit the yolk for no fat), 11carbs, 7sugar and 24g Protein. Add in fruits or whatever you desire! Perfect for Sunday morning.r0udvzjdmwmr.jpg