Phentermine

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I have used Phentermine and i think it is a great drug to keep your appetite in control. Everyone is different.

Sure, Phentermine is fabulous for killing your appetite. After all, it is related chemically and pharmacologically to amphetamine, which also helped me to be more active when I took it. I now regret taking it.

Here's my new favorite post about Phentermine: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10329901/phentermine/p1
    I have seen a lot of posts on and off about this and other weight loss drugs. I can vouch that they absolutely work. I have lost a lot weight using Phentermine on and off throughout about a 10 year span.

BUT...

The weight doesn't stay off. And those side effects? They are real.

You could take Phentermine and lose the weight, but you might end up like me. I'm 30 years old, slightly over weight, and have moderate tricuspid valve regurgitation. As in, I might need open heart surgery because my heart was damaged by Phentermine. To be clear, I never took it for more than a few months at a time, was monitored by a doctor, and did everything "right".

My lifespan has likely been shortened to lose a few pounds. Weight I could have lost on my own with a little bit of gumption. It wasn't worth it.
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The first week = water weight.