All mothers!! Will I ever lose the belly poch?

2»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Like victoria_1024, it was the fourth that did me in. My mom says the same thing. Belly bounced completely back three times. Not four. I'm OK wearing a bikini but it definitely looks like I have had kids now, and there is skin even when there is not excess fat. Sumiblue, yeah, I never look down during a plank.

If it's been a couple of years, the probably no, what you have is what you will have. If it's recent weight loss, I'd give it a couple of years. If it really bothers you, tummy tuck is the way to go. Brutal and expensive but very effective.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    4th did me in too--definitely some loose skin I didn't have before, even though I'm in better shape than ever and 8lbs lighter than before kids. Lifting has definitely helped tighten my midsection...but loose skin just stays that way. I'm 12 mo pp, so holding out a thin hope it might improve...before the next baby.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Like the others said, weight training has helped but when I bend down or plank.. uuch! But it is getting better. You look great!
  • elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    What about the sorry to be rude but fupa..I need to get rid of mine and I don't know what to do to do that..I do lots of cardio about 85 mins a day 5 times a week and it's getting smaller but I'm afraid it won't go away ...what to do ?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    I'm 40 with two kids (ages 7 and 10). I'm at 15% body fat right now and have a flat belly and sculpted abs...except when I'm in plank or sitting with my knees close to my chest. I was able to get great results with body comping (which it sounds like what you want to do), because I was very new to weightlifting (although some people will tell you you can recomp even without being a newbie - I don't know the answer).

Eat at a slight deficit, lift heavy weights, and do a bit of cardio (I did no more than 2 - 2.5 hours of HIIT/week) and see where that gets you. DO be sure to take measurements - those will be more important than the number on the scale. Don't look for a quick fix (any products discussed above) - slow and steady. You just had a whole person in there - give yourself a break and tell yourself how amazing your body is. Not only for what it can do, but how it looks - 'cause you do look Fab!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I have 2 boys 8 and 2. Both my pregnancies my belly got up to 45 inches around. At my biggest (with my 2-year-old) I got up to 220.
    I have a small pooch on the lower half of my stomach. It's cute and I like it so I'm not trying to rid of it, but I feel like I could.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    I think you look fantastic. I have a pooch too, partly from being pregnant, partly from being overweight, and partly from multiple surgeries where the muscle was cut. I will be hugely grateful if I can look as good as you do right now.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited September 2016
    You look really, really good -- baby or no. Maybe check out the recomp thread?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest
  • Thank all of you ladies your response helps a lot ❣