Strength training = bulge?

Options
Ok guys I need strongly a proffessional.advice in here.
Goal: lean and thin thighs without bulging
Quest: am doing strength training " squat, lunges, .." without much cardio am very very very disapointed am not seeing results its been a month :( am afraid my muscle is going to get bigger and this is not recommended as for my heigh I wont get taller!!
What can I do?
I dont have straight roads to go out running :(((((

So should I stop.strength training cause Am not asking for a bulge???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What is your goal right now? Lose/maintain/gain weight? Your thighs won't get bigger unless you're gaining weight and doing a progressive lifting program. In addition, you can't target one specific area.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What is your goal right now? Lose/maintain/gain weight? Your thighs won't get bigger unless you're gaining weight and doing a progressive lifting program. In addition, you can't target one specific area.

I want lose 5 kgs :(((((
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Gaining muscle is very hard so you won't become a hulk lifting.

You also can't spot reduce. Doing squats and lunges aren't going to shrink your thigh fat.

What lifting program are you doing?

Who doesn't recommend gaining muscle at your heigh? Muscle is very useful.

Results take way, way longer than a month
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    What kind of squats and lunges? Bodyweight? With a barbell?
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Quest: am doing strength training " squat, lunges, .." without much cardio am very very very disapointed am not seeing results its been a month :( am afraid my muscle is going to get bigger and this is not recommended as for my heigh I wont get taller!!
    What can I do?

You don't turn into Arnie by accidentally picking up a dumbbell. It takes months of hard work and dedidicayion and nutrition to put on significant muscle. Get onto a progressive lifting programme, and you'll see body comp results pretty quickly.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »
    What can I do?

You don't turn into Arnie by accidentally picking up a dumbbell. It takes months of hard work and dedidicayion and nutrition to put on significant muscle. Get onto a progressive lifting programme, and you'll see body comp results pretty quickly.

I dont wanna gain man :3
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    What kind of squats and lunges? Bodyweight? With a barbell?

Am followoing Kayla Itsines Bikini.Body Guide but my thigh fat is there though ive done hell of bodyweight squats :(( do u think i should stop?? Or is it cardio that is missed!
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    What can I do?

Le sigh.

Lol why guys here all of u wanna gain ^^
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What can I do?

He's basically expanding on what I said. Except for when you first start out lifting, it's very difficult to gain muscle. It gets even harder if you're female and close to your goal weight.

But a good lifting program will help you preserve your muscle while you lose, and you'll look better when you reach your goal weight.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What can I do?

He's basically expanding on what I said. Except for when you first start out lifting, it's very difficult to gain muscle. It gets even harder if you're female and close to your goal weight.

But a good lifting program will help you preserve your muscle while you lose, and you'll look better when you reach your goal weight.

The thing is I am not losing :0 and there is no next gym in here :((((((
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Doing bodyweight squats doesn't get rid of thigh fat.

Then what should I do please???
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Are you in a calorie deficit? Do you count calories, use a food scale, etc?

Doing bodyweight squats is not going to make your thighs smaller.

Then just counting cals?? What about workouts?
    Am.really bad on counting :neutral: it is tiring i have to weigh each parcel as we eat mediterranean homemade food :(
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    The way you lose fat is being in a calorie deficit
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

And toning and thining???
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

"Toning" results from losing the layer of fat over your muscles. You do this by being in a calorie deficit.
    "Thinning", I suppose, means reducing muscle mass. Not a good idea if you want to be healthy, but it does result from a calorie deficit.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

"Toning" results from losing the layer of fat over your muscles. You do this by being in a calorie deficit.
    "Thinning", I suppose, means reducing muscle mass. Not a good idea if you want to be healthy, but it does result from a calorie deficit.

Thank you!! May I ask you should I must hit my set calorie goal here or just stay shy of 200 cals maybe??
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The is the only way for fat loss. It's possible to lose weight without exercise.

And yes, hit your calories, not 200 or whatever below. Your deficit is already taken off to give you that number.

Don't worry about 'bulking'. The muscles look bigger as they're retaining water for repair. It's normal.