Can we make it work?

Options

Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What is it you're looking for that you'd go backwards after a year?
  • IslaTiempo
    IslaTiempo Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I did not have to read this to know the answer would be no. Stop justifying and move on. Be proactive with your life and let go of the past.
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ZCP. Zero Contact Policy. Leave him, move on, ignore any future communications.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    OMG at the risk of sounding a bit mean/insensitive, I have to say I can’t blame the dude for running for the hills. Your relentless messaging just screams desperate. Quite frankly, I’d be way too embarrassed to even talk to him again after sending him a bunch of messages like what you just described. Obviously, he’s just not that into you. Leave him alone.

ps: I'm not sure how real this OP is, but in any event.....my 2 cents.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't waste any more of your time on him.

You were much more invested in the renewal of your relationship than he was, that is why, to him, you overreacted. If he was as interested as you were, he would've let you know he wasn't going to make it the moment he realized.

I've been in a very similar situation. Looking back, I made myself overly available, laid my cards on the table, and then became upset when things didn't go my way - not just not my way, but in the total opposite of my way. Love yourself before you give others the chance to love you.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    This will never work. You'll just end up boiling his rabbit.

sc6e2e2uqsci.jpg
    th.jpg 11.9K
  • jtegirl
    jtegirl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    He has someone your a side piece . Move on

This!

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Can what work? There's so relationship there.
    Just some dude you're chatting with when he feels like it.

OP, save this post somewhere so you can laugh at it a few years from now.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    nope

break up and move on
    Dump his *kitten*

How is she in a position to dump anyone? Break up with who??
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Exactly. He already dumped her
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No relationship worth ANYTHING must be 'made' to work. Face forward and focus on yourself - start walking.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Psst......slush, slush,slush.

Just slush dem tires.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    lol at flagging my rabbit post. I was just providing a visual for what a previous poster said...to boot its a stuffed rabbit I could have gone much worse.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    lol at flagging my rabbit post. I was just providing a visual for what a previous poster said...to boot its a stuffed rabbit I could have gone much worse.

Shh. You're just begging to get slushed.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Psst......slush, slush,slush.

Just slush dem tires.

I totally forgot about the slushing chronicles. Now it's all coming back to me. You might just be onto something...

Didn't it get a little scary at one point?

Several points. ;)
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I don't think it was ever destine to work out. I can see, especially by this post, that you wanted it to work more than he did (his last message to you is a big indicator as well). The fact that you two were having "scheduling" problems before the incident and that you tried and failed to make it work before shows that it just wasn't meant to be. I believe you did over react a bit by sending so many texts after he blew you off, but I also believe that if he really cared and really wanted to talk to you then he would have told you he couldn't make it.

I don't think you should beat yourself up about it though. It's not your fault, it was just never meant to be. You need to focus on you and your life. You'll find the right guy, and hopefully he'll live close by so you won't have to worry with Skype.