Progression 60 lbs down (several pics)

Options

Replies

• clandrum84
    clandrum84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    eherald1 wrote: »
    Way to go! You are doing amazing. P.S. I am pretty sure we use to work together.

Thank you! Where at?
  • clandrum84
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Amazing job!

Thank you so much!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep it up!!!

Awesome, thank you! Thanks for the friends invite!
  • jleigh73
    jleigh73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congrats
  • clandrum84
    Options
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    You look amazing!!!

thank you! receiving compliments definitely takes some time to get used to, especially when you aren't used to receiving them! :smiley:
  • sharkey5899
    sharkey5899 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspiring. My husband and I started our weight loss journey together 2 months ago and we have a combined weight loss of 55 lbs! We have cut out carbs and are eating clean and lean. We've never felt more motivated! I was where you were and you have given me hope that I can be as successful, I just need to be patient. Thank you for sharing!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Way to stay in it for the long term.
  • clandrum84
    Options
    You are truly inspiring. My husband and I started our weight loss journey together 2 months ago and we have a combined weight loss of 55 lbs! We have cut out carbs and are eating clean and lean. We've never felt more motivated! I was where you were and you have given me hope that I can be as successful, I just need to be patient. Thank you for sharing!

Wow. It's really strange for me to hear someone say that "I inspire them". I have started this journey so many times and have failed and given up so many times. This time has been so different for me though. I never told myself I couldn't have something. I never set an end goal or expected goal. It took me 12 years to gain 120lbs and I certainly never expected to lost 1/2 that in less than a year. It's mindblowing to me. I am no where near any kind of end result. I have no idea what eating clean and lean means. My starting focus was cardio cardio cardio and staying under my calorie goal. I am trying to learn more about foods as I go along.

For someone who has eaten so horribly her whole life, is there anything that you can recommend as a small starting point for me?
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Fantastic work! Way to stay in it for the long term.

Thank you! This is the longest I have ever pushed myself for something I want. I am finally to the point where I enjoy exercising.
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Also, I just wanted to throw this out there, I am a migraine sufferer. I have been dealing with migraines for many many years now. I am finally to the point with my weight loss and health where I am working to get off all medicines that I take daily. 1) Blood pressure med taken twice a day 2) cholesterol medicine 3) migraine medicine.

In the past year I was put on a secondary blood pressure medicine due to a stressful work environment. With focusing my energy on exercising, I was able to decrease my BP enough to cut out one blood pressure medicine. My hope is that by the end of the year I will be able to stop all medicines. BP and Cholesterol check in November with labwork. Neurology appointment in December (migraines are down from 5-6 per month to now only 1 a month)!

I hope by keeping this post going that I can continue to help others while helping myself!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You look incredible! You should be very proud of the progress you've made. :smile:
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Thank you @RandiNoelle
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration and you look FABULOUS!! I actually love that you haven't given up the foods you love...I think it's unrealistic to think that we'll never have another soda or a slice of pizza ever again! You are doing amazing things for yourself and your beautiful family! Keep up the great work! :):):)
  • sharkey5899
    sharkey5899 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    clandrum84 wrote: »

Wow. It's really strange for me to hear someone say that "I inspire them". I have started this journey so many times and have failed and given up so many times. This time has been so different for me though. I never told myself I couldn't have something. I never set an end goal or expected goal. It took me 12 years to gain 120lbs and I certainly never expected to lost 1/2 that in less than a year. It's mindblowing to me. I am no where near any kind of end result. I have no idea what eating clean and lean means. My starting focus was cardio cardio cardio and staying under my calorie goal. I am trying to learn more about foods as I go along.

For someone who has eaten so horribly her whole life, is there anything that you can recommend as a small starting point for me?

Carbs are the enemy for my husband particularly so we have drastically reduced the carb intake. We also choose lean cuts of meat, limit fat (not eliminate) and count calories. We have eaten whole foods, not a lot of processed food over the last 10 years so cutting out junk wasn't too hard, although I do miss chips! Our problem is/was portion control, eating too many carbs and eating when bored. Eating the way we are now the cravings are almost non-existent. It helps that I am a very good cook so I do work hard at actually preparing real food and meal planning. I make things like turkey chili (no beans!) for lunch but I portion out and freeze them so it's easy to grab and go.
    One thing we need to start doing is to get moving. I think we've just needed to adopt this new way of living and then add another step that will aid in weight loss. Slow and steady is my motto and like you we didn't gain all of this weight in a year it's not going to come off that quickly. I hope this helps you and I look forward to seeing more of your great progress! Cheers!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    NancyCaz61 wrote: »
    You are truly an inspiration and you look FABULOUS!! I actually love that you haven't given up the foods you love...I think it's unrealistic to think that we'll never have another soda or a slice of pizza ever again! You are doing amazing things for yourself and your beautiful family! Keep up the great work! :):):)

Thank you! One thing I have consistently said to myself was "if you think you are going to eliminate something, ask yourself if you can honestly spend the rest of your life not eating that one thing". If I can't say yes to that question then I won't eliminate it! Like pop, tea, pizza, chips... whatever it is.. I can't honestly say that I will go the rest of my life and NOT eat those things, so I have continued to eat what I want but just watch portion sizes and eat in moderation!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work! Every good choice is really showing - you look beautiful.
  • clandrum84
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Congratulations on all your hard work! Every good choice is really showing - you look beautiful.

:blush: thank you!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    MFP has been super supportive and helpful in my mission. Just finished 3 miles with my best friend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!