Sparkling ICE water "flavored"

So... I'm pretty sure they are not that good for you but I thought I would ask before I get where I'm hooked on them! Is there anyone that drinks the sparkling Ice waters? I drink a lot of water but sometimes I crave something carbonated and I gave up diet sodas months ago! I will never go back to sodas but I would like something carbonated every now and then. What's your thoughts on them and do you have any suggestions??

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    The only real harm that can come from carbonated beverages is if you have the restrictions that come from WLS or if you drink ONLY these beverages, because they can sometimes promote stomach upset and even ulcers due to the acidic nature... but that comes with any soda water, really. I swapped out most energy drinks and things for soda water with a little mio dropped in, it's wayyyyy cheaper. But for a quick and easy one? No probs... *sips her Peach Nectarine flavored ICE water*
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Fruit2o is awesome too especially their new limeade flavours. I am particularly fond of the blueberry limeade!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2016
    I usually get one or two whenever I go grocery shopping. There's nothing wrong with them, unless you have an aversion to sucralose [it's the artificial sweetener used in them].
    They're carbonated, they're artificially sweetened, and some have artificial color. If you gave up diet soda due to a religious reason, I'd say stay away from them. If you gave them up because of food babe-esque woo, rethink your reasons. There's not some magic difference between a Sprite Zero and a Sparkling Ice, other than flavor and marketing.

And sweetener used. Sprite Zero is sweetened by aspartame, and Sparkling ICE [as I mentioned] is sweetened by sucralose. Though there's nothing really bad about either sweetener.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    I drink them every now and then. I don't think there's anything wrong with something like that in moderation.

My husband and I have become very fond of club soda mixed with no sugar added juice. The juice has calories, but fewer chemicals.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    jaymijones wrote: »
    I drink them every now and then. I don't think there's anything wrong with something like that in moderation.

My husband and I have become very fond of club soda mixed with no sugar added juice. The juice has calories, but fewer chemicals.

Everything is a chemical.....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Dentally inadvisable

But for losing weight carbonated no calorie drinks, including diet sodas, = water
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited September 2016
    I got a sodastream. Soda water with a couple of slices of lime, lemon or berries muddled in the bottom. Natural and 0-5 calories. They also do flavourings, I have never bothered with them, so can't comment on them.

Cheers, h.

ETA: the sodastream paid for itself within the first month. A 2L bottle of soda water costs over $2 in my neck of the woods.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    I also switched to Soda Stream a few years ago. I was drinking regular Pepsi. I was still drinking 2 liters of the soda stream cola till I started here 5 weeks ago. Now I allow myself 1/4 of that over the course of a whole day. I don't drink coffee or any other hot drinks so that is my go to in the morning and a little with my meals. I also use it to carbonate water and then add one of the flavored MIOs. I love it.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    I drank them for a while before I gave up all carbonated beverages.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    They aren't good for my wallet. I'm looking to get a Sodastream but am content with diet sodas and those drinks.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    I got a sodastream. Soda water with a couple of slices of lime, lemon or berries muddled in the bottom. Natural and 0-5 calories. They also do flavourings, I have never bothered with them, so can't comment on them.

Cheers, h.

ETA: the sodastream paid for itself within the first month. A 2L bottle of soda water costs over $2 in my neck of the woods.

If you can find the supplies for the Soda Stream. I have a Soda Stream myself, but none of the stores here carry the CO2 tanks or the flavors for Soda Streams anymore. It seems to be slowly dying out.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    @xvolution wow, sorry to hear that.
    Here, north of the border and as west as you can get, they are very popular, just about every corner drug store sells supplies.

Cheers, h.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Lacroix!! It really is just carbonated water with natural flavoring. No added aspartame or other nonsense.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Lacroix!! It really is just carbonated water with natural flavoring. No added aspartame or other nonsense.

not going to do it.

Why not?