Sparkling ICE water "flavored"

Options
2»

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Lacroix!! It really is just carbonated water with natural flavoring. No added aspartame or other nonsense.

Aspartame is fine :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I've lost my taste for carbonated beverages, mostly. I didn't choose to do so, I just lost my taste for them around the age of 60. Now having a carbonated beverage is an occasional thing for me. Of the non-sweetened carbonated waters I favor Perrier grapefruit, but it's harder to find. When I'm out I'll have a plain San Pellegrino sometimes. Mostly I use the little squeeze bottles of flavoring to add a bit of flavor to my water. I don't worry about the "chemicals" -- I'll choose a bottle of something flat sweetened with monkfruit and/or stevia if available, else I'll drink what's available. Ice is OK. I choose soft drinks for their flavor, not for their health benefits.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Lacroix!! It really is just carbonated water with natural flavoring. No added aspartame or other nonsense.

tastes like liquid garbage to me! I spit out the first sip I took. Everyone in my family tried them (several flavors) and we all refused to take more than that first drink. Dumped all the cans down the sink and threw the cans into the recycling bin.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

tastes like liquid garbage to me! I spit out the first sip I took. Everyone in my family tried them (several flavors) and we all refused to take more than that first drink. Dumped all the cans down the sink and threw the cans into the recycling bin.

Hmm......I haven't had LaCroix in years. Have you tried Klarbrunn? I usually see this in plastic bottles (Target). Black Cherry....mmm.

Anyway - diet soda, Sparkling Ice (Splenda).....one in the same. Neither aspartame or splenda have ever given me any problems.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I personally can't stand the taste of the Sparkling Ice beverages. They all have a weird after taste to me. I love Dasani's and La Croix' sparkling waters. They're my go to beverage now.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    So... I'm pretty sure they are not that good for you but I thought I would ask before I get where I'm hooked on them! Is there anyone that drinks the sparkling Ice waters? I drink a lot of water but sometimes I crave something carbonated and I gave up diet sodas months ago! I will never go back to sodas but I would like something carbonated every now and then. What's your thoughts on them and do you have any suggestions??

Someone who is all about CICO would just say 0 calories so it doesn't matter.

In my unprofessional opinion, putting chemicals in your body so that you enjoy water is not smart
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Walmart brand Clear American Ice in practically every flavor. I think they are $2.50 an 8 pack so it is similarly priced with soda. 3% juice, green tea, no aspartame.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Walmart brand Clear American Ice in practically every flavor. I think they are $2.50 an 8 pack so it is similarly priced with soda. 3% juice, green tea, no aspartame.

It's a different fake sweetener, so what? There are sodas with a different fake sweetener too. The addition of green tea is pure marketing......trying to make this sound like a health drink. All hype.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

It's a different fake sweetener, so what? There are sodas with a different fake sweetener too. The addition of green tea is pure marketing......trying to make this sound like a health drink. All hype.

They are delicious, but yes, most of the perks listed on the packaging are meaningless. The biggest draw for me is the price compared to the name-brand diet sodas I like.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart has their own line of these Sparkling waters (not the larger Clear American waters) that are $0.50 & it tastes just the same as the Sparkling Ice brand.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    They are gross. Good thing for me that I like plain ole water.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I like them, but if I'm going to HEB, I'd rather get one of their store brand sodas.

Krogers is finally started to sell individual cans of their soda. I've been walking out with one every time I go.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    They are gross. Good thing for me that I like plain ole water.
    And of course your opinion should be the one taken. :D
    I bought a bunch of them today. On sale, $1 each. Usually get the coconut/pineapple

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• alexismoham
    alexismoham Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seltzer can quench that carbonated beverage your craving. Those fruit ones are ok here and there