Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    48424913_3375_zpsda0fe47f.jpg
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Just getting a chance to post:

December 2012:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a56357de-455f-4ad0-b13b-571e5c46cdad_zpse34be33a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/2f0c7722-0f55-45b1-9603-8eb90065f81e_zpsf1931b32.jpg[/img]

November 2013:

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/421ec9cf-8751-4f0e-87eb-364c958c25c4_zps823c2b33.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/70a7b442-a8b4-4ddc-9763-0e7c543b74b0_zps6ec6fd8e.jpg[/img]
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    I want to do this, but have no idea where to start. I am 350ish lbs and 5'7 1/2". I've researched different programs and really like Nia Shanks. I just joined my local gym today but really don't know what to do...I have no idea how to perform the exercises. I am intimidated by the machines. I could really use some guidance.

I highly recommend stronglifts... there is a group on here of woman who follow it who are EXTREMELY helpful. I am new to it as well but they are great for helping with form, or any questions. It's fairly easy to get started, I have almost no upper body strength but am definitely finding myself progressing with it, although I may eventually add in a couple other things too it, mostly to help with my core (the stronger the core the better the lifts, and the better the lifts the stronger the core)

Feel free to add me! You can do it!

I found strong lifts too... I find its a simple program... being 4 months in im relatively new at it too... but I found you tubing the exercises helps... also I made my pt show me how to do those exercises. . He first had me on machines. .. I did hat for 4 weeks and then made him show me how to do it on free weights... ive also got him to check my form as I started getting lower back pain... but for me I think its jumping up to heavy weight wise... I have been warming up with the squat bar.. and adding 10 kgs do 5 squats thenadd another 10.. till I get to my heighest wweight then do my actual work out... seems to work for me...

But yeah get into it ladies its amazing :)
  • NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend anyone looking into lifting and figuring out calorie levels to check out the group Eat Train Progress.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Profile pic <<<
    Still have another 20-30lbs to meet my goal.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
    Profile pic <<<
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love lifting and am loving the results I am seeing. well done everyone..
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    love!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Profile pic <<<

wow, awesome! Tell more!!
  • 40misti
    Options
    You ladies are all amazing!!!!! Hopefully I will be lifting heavy again soon!

Bump!
  • isobelrose22
    Options
    I have started lifting in the last few weeks, I have already started noticing results. But I am just wondering what people ate while lifting to get all those amazing results? calorie intake, type of food etc, any cardio? I'd appreciate the help :) Also did people find that they gained, lost, or stayed the same lb-wise?
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Needs a bump
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mostly I'm bumping this thread for motivation, although my profile pic is old results. Lost track of my diet a bit since then, but still lifting heavy.
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Saving this for inspiration!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Profile Pic
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I want to do this, but have no idea where to start. I am 350ish lbs and 5'7 1/2". I've researched different programs and really like Nia Shanks. I just joined my local gym today but really don't know what to do...I have no idea how to perform the exercises. I am intimidated by the machines. I could really use some guidance.

I highly recommend stronglifts... there is a group on here of woman who follow it who are EXTREMELY helpful. I am new to it as well but they are great for helping with form, or any questions. It's fairly easy to get started, I have almost no upper body strength but am definitely finding myself progressing with it, although I may eventually add in a couple other things too it, mostly to help with my core (the stronger the core the better the lifts, and the better the lifts the stronger the core)

Feel free to add me! You can do it!

ditto for me...stronglifts is a good starting place...

Nothing against machines but....they don't help get your form down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
    Here is the link to the group...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    <
    Love lifting.....see photos. :bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have started lifting in the last few weeks, I have already started noticing results. But I am just wondering what people ate while lifting to get all those amazing results? calorie intake, type of food etc, any cardio? I'd appreciate the help :) Also did people find that they gained, lost, or stayed the same lb-wise?

I eat at a deficet...TDEE-20% and keep my protien min at 120g (1g of protien for every lb of LBM)

So I typically eat about 1600 calories a day on average (even with my massive overages on some of the weekends)

I am still losing weight about 1/2 a week but I am getting way smaller then the lbs would indicate.

As for the type of food as I said I keep my protien as high as I can, fats at a decent level and carbs where they fall, I do no cardio but might add some HITT in december.

I have gone from a size 10 to a size 8 in 10 weeks with 5lbs lost.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Heres my Pic... I lost 39lbs, but have not lost any weight in about four months now, but have lost a pile of inches.. love Heavy lifting ;)
    I am a noob at posting pics on these threads.. hope it works

2rcybfd.jpg

2m5aqo9.jpg

I love all these posts but you my dear take the cake for me! Your body is absolutely amazing! This is my inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!